Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Ultimate duffle bag  (Read 3090 times)

gazr5

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ultimate duffle bag
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »

How come access from the top is so important?

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »

Just easier to get things like pads in and out in a straight line rather than round a corner I figured.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

Gurujames

• County 1st XI
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »

My ton elite has lasted 3 seasons with no fraying/snags/holes/broken zips. If it had a small compartment for valuables it would be virtually perfect.

Straight Bat Shot

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 08:20:54 PM »

In terms of value for money the woodworm duffle is untouchable 24 and its ridiculously big.  I dumped my Woodstock wheelie as it wouldn't fit in my boot, yet the duffle does and it's bigger.

sanredrose

• International Captain
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:06 PM »

I have been using the GN supernova duffle and Slazenger duffle(picked up from sportsdirect). Supernova has been my preferred choice and it does manage to carry a lot of stuff!

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 06:06:22 AM »

My ton elite has lasted 3 seasons with no fraying/snags/holes/broken zips. If it had a small compartment for valuables it would be virtually perfect.
Agreed, plus also a small one for odds and ends like bat repot stuff.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

Julesoak

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2017, 06:25:05 AM »

I got a Supernova a couple of weeks ago. Not perfect (agree about the pockets) but pretty damn good. Fine for a normal match day - although I'm not a keeper.

I'm off on tour from tomorrow and it's packed with kit (pads, gloves, bat, helmet, boots, 2 x sets of whites, base layers etc) plus clothes and gear for 5 days.

Can't argue with that!

Seems great quality too.

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 07:14:28 AM »

I've been using a Predator 3 from GN for this season's midweek games. I've been carrying the team keeping kit, my clothes and a bag of LMS shirts and it has managed to carry everything really effectively. I've been surprised at the quality too.

Coach

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+11)
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 11:52:12 AM »

I think these questions are always so difficult to answer. Everyone will have an ultimate bag for them. Some like lots of pockets and organising things, others like a big bag with lots of space. Each to their own!

TGB1997

• First XI Captain
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

I personally love my Kookaburra Pro D1 duffle. The side pockets for batting pads are really handy for someone who likes an organised kit bag like myself. I carry a fair kit of kit but can still get more in if need be. I carry 3 pairs of gloves and 2 pairs of spikes along with my other kit and it fits comfortably 
Best Batting- 62
Best Bowling- 6/28
Best T20 Bowling- 4/3

LcWoodward

• First XI Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »

Still loving my NB duffle, loads of room for two bats, pads, 2 pairs of gloves and little bits of training gear.
It's also got two massive side pockets for 2 pairs of spikes and kit.
I think it only cost me 35 from Owzat, although thats about 2 years ago now.

Jaffa

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »

I've had a few duffles including the ECB, Kook Players and my current Supernova.

I've come to realise my ideal bag will have a bag cave for three bats like the Supernova, side pockets like the ECB (Ton etc.) for pads and be variant of a Grit Ice Hockey bag. I've only just come across these but I think if they could be adapted for cricket they'd be ideal.

They'd have to be narrower for a start and also include the bat cave and pads sleeves as mentioned but picture it open in front of you. A nice fold out mat to stand on. A top shelf with two elastic mesh compartments for your helmet, gloves and shoes. Then a large elastic mesh pocket (so stuff doesn't fall out while stood up) for the rest of the gear. For me that's fielding pads, box and stippers plus whites so for me maybe it's best split vertically (or horizontally) in two. Odds and sods can be kept in the front flap pocket compartments.

Maybe this has been done before for cricket (BB/Slaz?) but reckon you'd have a decent organised standup duffle with wheels so it can pulled or carried. I think the mesh holes at the back could work too or am I nuts?

What do you guys think?

Let this Hockey mom give you an idea (or two) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIiTRw8PNg

Or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n49BuXtJ1Vc
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:29:05 PM by Jaffa »
As smooth as baby Jesus in velvet pants.

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »

Firstly... First video  :o :o :o :o hubba hubba!!!

Secondly - i wonder what their shelf is made out of, skate boots are heavy and they dont seem to bend... Where as the shelves in stand up bags collapse in the wind! If the h4l stand up bag had that as well as some sort of triple zip system. Imagine being able to unzip just the top or just the bottom or all of it. Also a spacious boot section for 2 pairswithout making it too much taller?

Or similar to the aero with a boxed out inner section?

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2017, 07:06:42 AM »

Whilst we're on the subject, what is the general consensus on duffles with wheels?

I've got the option for this, but personally don't see when they would be put to use? (Both the supplier and I agreed on this point). I've used duffles for the last 5/6 years instead of a wheelie, but can't recall a time where it hasn't been slung over my back - but @Jaffa's comment has me curious.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few brands with wheelie duffles this year though!

JB

• International Captain
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »

Surely the straps would get caught up in the wheels?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Advertise on CBF