Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > Stretton Fox

Strettons Shredding or overcooked ?

(1/5) > >>

it's_a_pudding:
So after losing my inner thigh pad last season I decided to purchase another pair of strettons after enjoying the fit and design so much. So today come to put them in the oven left them in for around 8 mins went to check to see if they had loosened up a bit to find the outer thigh pad completely melted and bubbled. The outer part of the outer thigh pad has torn and barely has any Velcro left to attach the straps onto where as the inner one is fine the hook has melted a little bit but other than that completely fine. I donít quite understand how itís gone so badly wrong I left the first pair I owned in for much longer than this but these are completely ruined. Iím so glad I decided to check because if Iíd of left them in for another 5 mins I might of needed a new oven. Anyone got any ideas to help as Iím not sure these are usable. Itís also got me thinking that in future Iím not so sure this is the best method of doing things and maybe to use another brand because if something like this happens out of your control your left money down and without a product to use without any argument as you can just be told itís your fault not ours.

Mtown Don:

--- Quote from: it's_a_pudding on March 06, 2021, 04:28:45 PM ---So after losing my inner thigh pad last season I decided to purchase another pair of strettons after enjoying the fit and design so much. So today come to put them in the oven left them in for around 8 mins went to check to see if they had loosened up a bit to find the outer thigh pad completely melted and bubbled. The outer part of the outer thigh pad has torn and barely has any Velcro left to attach the straps onto where as the inner one is fine the hook has melted a little bit but other than that completely fine. I donít quite understand how itís gone so badly wrong I left the first pair I owned in for much longer than this but these are completely ruined. Iím so glad I decided to check because if Iíd of left them in for another 5 mins I might of needed a new oven. Anyone got any ideas to help as Iím not sure these are usable. Itís also got me thinking that in future Iím not so sure this is the best method of doing things and maybe to use another brand because if something like this happens out of your control your left money down and without a product to use without any argument as you can just be told itís your fault not ours.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried contacting George directly? He really doesnít strike me as a Ďtough luckí type from having dealt with him previously.

brokenbat:
Sounds like the temperature was way too high...?

it's_a_pudding:

--- Quote from: brokenbat on March 06, 2021, 04:45:25 PM ---Sounds like the temperature was way too high...?

--- End quote ---
Yeah donít quite understand whatís gone wrong here the other pad itís absolutely fine but the outer one on one side has completely torn and bubbled I wouldnít mind if it was the outer section but itís the inner and going to be against skin and can imagine itís going to rub quite badly when running and sweating. On my previous pair I left them in for 12 mins and it worked fine but these didnít even last 8 mins in the oven and Iím glad I didnít leave them in a minute longer

billyb:
What temperature did you put them in at?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version