General Cricket > Players

Bess Speaks Out...

(1/2) > >>

SouthpawMark:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56712917

Sir Dom Bess was thoroughly underchuffed at his treatment during the winter. Iím glad he spoke to the management about it, and had the confidence to speak about it in the media.

Not sure he should have stayed in the side though - you canít make a career out of getting wickets via long hop filth.

ppccopener:
You might be right, Mo has been the one they wanted in with Leach from the day Giles went round to Mo's house to ask him to reconsider his break from test cricket.

It does remain to me the worst handled player situation in my memory, what they thought they were doing with Bess God only knows in the middle of a series on spinning tracks.

Whether Bess is good enough or not I actually think is completely irrelevant.

Someone somewhere should of grabbed this situation early and said hang on this is not how we deal with players.

And it was Ed Smith who said to Malan after a decent tour of Oz he is a back foot player with limited use in other conditions.

If it wasnt t affecting players careers it would be comical.

SouthpawMark:

--- Quote from: ppccopener on April 12, 2021, 02:06:19 PM ---You might be right, Mo has been the one they wanted in with Leach from the day Giles went round to Mo's house to ask him to reconsider his break from test cricket.

It does remain to me the worst handled player situation in my memory, what they thought they were doing with Bess God only knows in the middle of a series on spinning tracks.

Whether Bess is good enough or not I actually think is completely irrelevant.

Someone somewhere should of grabbed this situation early and said hang on this is not how we deal with players.

And it was Ed Smith who said to Malan after a decent tour of Oz he is a back foot player with limited use in other conditions.

If it wasnt t affecting players careers it would be comical.

--- End quote ---

Ed Genius Smith has this troubling habit of believing all players to be expendable and will happily cast them aside on a whim, without any thought to how it affects their mindset. The sooner he leaves the England set-up the better. Andrew Symonds was right to chin the arrogant ****.

ProCricketer1982:
ECB and Ed Smith strike again.. they really really are a shambles

Kudos to Bess for speaking out rather than hiding behind the PR machine.

Kulli:
Has he really Ďspoken outí. Doesnít seem to have said much from the quotes in that article.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version