General Cricket > Players

Lewis Mcmanus incident

<< < (10/11) > >>

AJ2014:
It is interesting to know what wicket keepers think on here think about all this.

procricket:

--- Quote from: AJ2014 on April 15, 2021, 08:52:05 PM ---If you've nicked it and everyone in the field is appealing, and you're still looking for umpire's decision? Don't think that's right attitude.

--- End quote ---

When point goes up for a LBW and your given on the 3 strike rule either.

Does that mean every time a bowler goes up and doesn't get the decision he is cheating ???

As a keeper I don't go up for rubbish at all as I don't like the thought of cheating somebody out but nicks are nicks and the umpire has a job.

My job is to score runs and catch the ball in games not make decisions on who in or owt he the one being "paid" to make decisions not me..

As Jumbo puts it I have had enough bad decisions so bugger it make a decision or I'm not out..

Jimbo:

--- Quote from: AJ2014 on April 15, 2021, 08:52:05 PM ---If you've nicked it and everyone in the field is appealing, and you're still looking for umpire's decision? Don't think that's right attitude.

--- End quote ---

"Everyone is appealing" is not a good judge of whether you're out in club cricket. See it all the time, hits the pads about a foot outside leg stump and the entire oppo team is screaming for it.

As has been pointed out, you're entitled to wait for the umpire to make a decision. The important part is that you accept the decision whether it's in your favour or not.

SOULMAN1012:

--- Quote from: AJ2014 on April 15, 2021, 08:53:09 PM ---It is interesting to know what wicket keepers think on here think about all this.

--- End quote ---

Nothing is more annoying as a keeper when you are robbed of a dismissal let me tell you that. Iv played at all levels as a keeper from Prem leagues down and let me tell you I reckon itís about 5-10% that walk if that and itís practically zero in players under 30 from my experience.

The bad this about this incident thatís being talked about is in the professional game this should have been picked up by match liaison officer, umpire etc, also the keeper should have called him back and spoke up in huddle

Rez:

--- Quote from: SOULMAN1012 on April 15, 2021, 10:25:30 PM ---Nothing is more annoying as a keeper when you are robbed of a dismissal let me tell you that. Iv played at all levels as a keeper from Prem leagues down and let me tell you I reckon itís about 5-10% that walk if that and itís practically zero in players under 30 from my experience.

The bad this about this incident thatís being talked about is in the professional game this should have been picked up by match liaison officer, umpire etc, also the keeper should have called him back and spoke up in huddle

--- End quote ---

Agree with this although Iíd like to think it is a higher %. Itís always uncomfortable when you know the batsman was out and he knows damn well that you know too.

The one that makes my blood boil is when a clear stumping is not given. Usually when the foot is taken back after the bails are broken. Iím a couple of feet away and can see the foot out of the crease when I make the stumping, foot gets moved back an instant later.... umpire who is 40 feet away, Not Out! Really gets me every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version