Forum News and Suggestions > Custom Bats Blog

First-Class Farce

<< < (2/4) > >>

joeylough:
A select XI would mean that instead of one county missing players then each county (or a few) would miss some of there best players.

You would have thought that Essex would have some bowlers in the 2nd XI who would have loved a chance to play.

The plus side it gives Rakin a chance to bowl which I didnt think he would have.

Bunny is the new Anderson in terms of bowling 12th man, apart from the fact he won't get many more chances for a test start.

The 22nd Yard:
Does sound quite fishy doesn't it Fros, but I'm sure your love for Bopara hasn't been tarnished.

A select XI would mean exactly that, which is why the England players should have just turned out for their counties, weather it be T20 or first-class.

Bunny will certainly be enjoying that role, I think Chris Woakes is next in line as Englands waterboy! Think I may have even written a post on that actually...

Kez:
The toss wasn't as bad as when Essex played Bangladesh in a friendly last time they toured. Sakib al Hasan merely walked out to the middle to join Ravi who captained that game too said 'we bat' and walked off again before Rav could even toss the coin!

joeylough:

--- Quote from: The 22nd Yard on July 03, 2013, 06:35:46 PM ---A select XI would mean exactly that, which is why the England players should have just turned out for their counties, weather it be T20 or first-class.

--- End quote ---

As I said before, playing a T20 is not a prep for a test match. That is why England have different teams for each format, as the method in playing is different and players have strengths and weaknesses in each area.

RossViper:
Not perfect, but not a farce.

How old are you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version