Equipment > Wicket Keeping

Custom WK Gloves

(1/3) > >>

NT50:
Hello all

Have only kept for maybe 9/10 games across the last couple of years, but as of next season Iíll be keeping full time so am going to be after a new pair of gloves.

Been using a pair of Youth Sized B3ís but they feel a little too small and havenít softened up at all. The problem is that whilst youth sized are a bit cramped, regular menís sizes are too big and slip around a bit.

Iím going to have a look round a couple shops to see if I can find ones that fit perfectly. I used a pair of Aero Vintage gloves (the white, purple and gold ones) that belong to an occasional team mate but theyíre about 10 years old so I canít find them anywhere on the internet

If I canít find these mythical perfect fitting gloves, I may well go down the custom route.
Iíve seen ĎClassic Keepersí on twitter offer this service and was wondering if anyone had used them before?
Curious to know how much they cost generally & what the process is like

Thanks!

More Glue Than Wood:
i know it may be a dumb question/you might have done this already - but have you tried different inners - i have the same size issue with large mens and mens - so i've found wearing cotton batting inners with mens has made the fit prefect - whereas when i wore proper keeping inners they were too tight

LEACHY48:
Classic keeper is Graham Plimmer - great bloke, fantastic gloves. Very expensive though.

I have got a pair and I absolutely love them, so much so Iíll be getting another shortly.

£200 a pair isnít cheap though and if you arenít keeping every week then Iíd not bother

NT50:

--- Quote from: More Glue Than Wood on September 09, 2021, 05:37:13 PM ---i know it may be a dumb question/you might have done this already - but have you tried different inners - i have the same size issue with large mens and mens - so i've found wearing cotton batting inners with mens has made the fit prefect - whereas when i wore proper keeping inners they were too tight

--- End quote ---

Have used both B3 & Aero inners which still made the gloves too tight. They feel ok without inners but I certainly wouldnít not wear inners in a game due to sharp bowling and popadom fingers!

NT50:

--- Quote from: LEACHY48 on September 09, 2021, 05:37:36 PM ---Classic keeper is Graham Plimmer - great bloke, fantastic gloves. Very expensive though.

I have got a pair and I absolutely love them, so much so Iíll be getting another shortly.

£200 a pair isnít cheap though and if you arenít keeping every week then Iíd not bother

--- End quote ---

Yeh at £200 I think Iíll have to be unhappy with every other pair of gloves I try on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version