Equipment > Bats

Thicker handle

(1/3) > >>

cobweb1510:
Hi all,

Just a quickie..... ooeer missus!

My son tried a different bat a few weeks ago, with a significantly thicker handle than his normal bat. He said he liked the way it felt. Whilst it might be possible to get his bat rehandled, that seems a bit of overkill, and I understand you can simply add more grips to the same effect.

So the questions are:
1) Do you simply unroll an additional grip over the old one, or is some preparation/glue etc required?
2) Is there a limit to how many grips you can add like this. I don't know how many it will take to get it how he likes it, but just in case......

Cheers

Jimbo:
No need to prepare anything, grips can just go over the top. That will change the feel to a bit more spongy though, may not be quite what he wants.

Another option is to have it double bound or rebound with thicker binding, I've just had the latter done and it feels great in the hands.

Jimbo:
Can also use medical strapping tape to build the handle up, very cheap and easy to DIY.

t2ylo:
Certainly not cheap, but by George they are good.
Solve all my thin handle problems.

https://uzisports.com/index.php?route=amp/product/product&path=7_407&product_id=4581

SOULMAN1012:

--- Quote from: cobweb1510 on February 08, 2022, 08:17:49 PM ---Hi all,

Just a quickie..... ooeer missus!

My son tried a different bat a few weeks ago, with a significantly thicker handle than his normal bat. He said he liked the way it felt. Whilst it might be possible to get his bat rehandled, that seems a bit of overkill, and I understand you can simply add more grips to the same effect.

So the questions are:
1) Do you simply unroll an additional grip over the old one, or is some preparation/glue etc required?
2) Is there a limit to how many grips you can add like this. I don't know how many it will take to get it how he likes it, but just in case......

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Change the binding to a thicker twine, I use a couple of variations when binding the handles based on customers request for handle thickness. Feel free to send me the bat and Iíll happily change the binding for you, just cover postage costs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version