Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > B3 Cricket

B3 grading question

(1/2) > >>

Fishnchips08:
Hi guys new poster here, I think it's finally time for a new stick after my Adidas gave out. We have a few players at our club with B3's and I've always had an interest in picking one up. I found out you can get a Root profile, but I have a few questions. So if anyone could help out I'd appreciate it massivly. The main thing I'm not sure about is which grade to go for. the 1 stripe at £215 sounds like fantastic value, however, I'm not sure if I should go one further and shell out a little bit extra for a 2 stripe. I was looking at the grading on B3's website and they've mentioned that 2 stripes get "ping tested". Is the difference big between the 1 stripe and 2 stripe. I'm not super fussed on looks/aesthetics, I care more about the performance.

TLDR: is the extra money worth it to go from 1 stripe to 2 stripe.

Any help would be great.

brokenbat:

--- Quote from: Fishnchips08 on October 17, 2021, 03:43:28 PM ---Hi guys new poster here, I think it's finally time for a new stick after my Adidas gave out. We have a few players at our club with B3's and I've always had an interest in picking one up. I found out you can get a Root profile, but I have a few questions. So if anyone could help out I'd appreciate it massivly. The main thing I'm not sure about is which grade to go for. the 1 stripe at £215 sounds like fantastic value, however, I'm not sure if I should go one further and shell out a little bit extra for a 2 stripe. I was looking at the grading on B3's website and they've mentioned that 2 stripes get "ping tested". Is the difference big between the 1 stripe and 2 stripe. I'm not super fussed on looks/aesthetics, I care more about the performance.

TLDR: is the extra money worth it to go from 1 stripe to 2 stripe.

Any help would be great.

--- End quote ---

Not to state the obvious, but if you’re able to visit them, that would be ideal. Hand selecting is always best.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that a higher grade bat will ping better - this speaks more to the fact that a good maker (like b3) will make pinging bats, regardless of grade. Higher grades do look better, and plenty of people see it worth it to spend extra to go for higher grades.

B3 is awesome because they let you pick your clefts. So why don’t you see what 1 stripes they have, and if you see one that is relatively clean, with straight grains, that would prob be a very decent bat.

Fishnchips08:

--- Quote from: brokenbat on October 17, 2021, 05:25:55 PM ---Not to state the obvious, but if you’re able to visit them, that would be ideal. Hand selecting is always best.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that a higher grade bat will ping better - this speaks more to the fact that a good maker (like b3) will make pinging bats, regardless of grade. Higher grades do look better, and plenty of people see it worth it to spend extra to go for higher grades.

B3 is awesome because they let you pick your clefts. So why don’t you see what 1 stripes they have, and if you see one that is relatively clean, with straight grains, that would prob be a very decent bat.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately going to B3 isn't really an option for me. I was mainly asking because their grading page said 2 stripes were "ping tested". On being able pick the cleft is that an option online through the website?

SOULMAN1012:
I would like to think that all bats are “ping tested”. If you have your heart set on a B3 the choice of profiles etc is vast as are colour of stickers etc.

If you want a custom made, choice of clefts and guarantee that even the entry level grades are ping tested than a few other small bat makers and sponsors could be worth a look mate.

jonny77:
Pretty sure B3 will ping test all bats regardless of Grade, as I do with every bat i make. As @SOULMAN1012 said, lots of us smaller batmakers and many of the larger ones provide choice of clefts etc too. But the bottom line is no batmaker or brand should be selling bats which don't ping, but all will offer different levels of customisation and personal service. So it's about finding the right one for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version