Hitman Assassin
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hitman Assassin  (Read 4136 times)

sgcricket

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hitman Assassin
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2018, 03:16:29 AM »

But top level bats made in the UK cost considerably more than imported "grade 3" bats so it's a different context, although I do agree that some prices have become simply ridiculous lately.

As for softs, the introduction of GST in India has made a fair difference - personally I'm not overly comfortable charging 69.99 for gloves and 89.99 for pads, but if I didn't then I wouldn't exist this time next year (the quality of the product is more than comparable with brands charging over 200 for a set, so I like to think I'm still offering a fair price at under 160 in comparison with the rest of the market).
GST in India was supposed to make it easier (avoiding multiple taxes) but there have been implementation issues and it hasn't been done well. I totally understand what you are saying. And also pads being bulky, the shipping also constitutes a fair charge.

Honestly, I would love to try your bats and have been really impressed with the branding but shipping to Singapore always is expensive. Only prodirect has decent shipping costs due to their sheer volumes (although will never buy a bat from there).

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2018, 07:47:54 AM »

@sgcricket exactly mate, I think in the long run once everything has been smoothed out the GST will indeed work out positively but at the moment it's just a bit of a mess - as an example there was a 28% levy applied to all bags hence the steep rise in duffles/wheelies across the board this year. There's so many different categories and different levels of tax it must make it an absolute minefield for suppliers (I'm invoiced in GBP so at least it stays consistent regardless of the currency fluctuation).

Appreciate the kind comments on the branding, it's obviously very simple (on purpose!) but I like to think effective. Feel free to PM me if you're ever interested as I'm sure I could sort something out on the shipping (I've just shipped a bat out to @Wickets-then-runs in Aus which came in at under 30).

BIGGIE

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 09:15:40 PM »

Finally got a chance out in the middle over the weekend, batted for 20 overs.

bottom half of the bat is super strong, cant feel anything through the handle and the ball flies off, even with my rubbish timing. made a handy 37 not out so pretty happy :D

still nothing out of the top half of the bat but I guess thats what I asked for, still think the bat is going to improve after a few more games.

toe guard I had fitted locally came off in the second over, so bit dissapointed in that, think i might switch to shoe goo or something

skip1973

• International Captain
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2018, 04:00:56 AM »

How's the stick going now @BIGGIE  ?

jblowe

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »

Finally got a chance out in the middle over the weekend, batted for 20 overs. made a handy 37 not out so pretty happy :D

you scored 37 in 20 overs?  you need top spend a day with @Northern monkey he will show you how its done!!

Wickets-then-runs

• County 1st XI
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »

37 off 20 overs? From the the one i had, it sounds like you middled everything!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Advertise on CBF