Equipment > Wicket Keeping

Bargain Bin Blast from the past!

(1/3) > >>

HellomynameisJ:
So today I ventured down to the Melbourne Cricket Sale and managed to find something pretty special. I grew up idolising Adam Gilchrist, and as a young lad some of my first wicket keeping gloves were his Iconic orange and silver Puma Ballistics, I was searching through a basket of assorted cheap indian made wicket keeping gloves when at the bottom, I spotted these..and to add to my luck, they were priced at the princely sum of $10au

leatherseat:
Great find.
Will you use them or keep them for posterity?

cricketbadger:
You have picked up an absolute bargain there

SOULMAN1012:
My first ever keeping gloves these, although my inspiration was Garaint Jones in the ashes who also used these. Had the full puma orange set up that year including the bat which was 2.11 when I was far to young and small for the weight but had to have it

HellomynameisJ:

--- Quote from: leatherseat on September 06, 2018, 11:24:58 AM ---Great find.
Will you use them or keep them for posterity?

--- End quote ---

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, id love to use them, but i can't help but wonder how many more pairs would actually be floating around in brand new condition and that it might be better to keep them fresh.

--- Quote from: SOULMAN1012 on September 06, 2018, 06:45:13 PM ---My first ever keeping gloves these, although my inspiration was Garaint Jones in the ashes who also used these. Had the full puma orange set up that year including the bat which was 2.11 when I was far to young and small for the weight but had to have it

--- End quote ---

I was always a massive fan of the orange ballistic range, to be honest it was what probably started my cricket gear obsession  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version