Equipment > Bats

XPro bats on Instagram

(1/4) > >>

Devondumpling00:
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has stumbled across Ďxpro batsí on Instagram?

They supposedly have access to professional crickets bats and sell them (without any authenticity) for a fairly low price. I assume the professionals they belonged to, or were made for, are okay with them being sold.

Does anyone here have any inside knowledge on this, whether itís legitimate? Unsure how someone can collect a large amount of professional quality bats and go under the radar.

brokenbat:

--- Quote from: Devondumpling00 on September 22, 2021, 08:56:05 PM ---Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has stumbled across Ďxpro batsí on Instagram?

They supposedly have access to professional crickets bats and sell them (without any authenticity) for a fairly low price. I assume the professionals they belonged to, or were made for, are okay with them being sold.

Does anyone here have any inside knowledge on this, whether itís legitimate? Unsure how someone can collect a large amount of professional quality bats and go under the radar.

--- End quote ---

Havenít heard Of them, and I would be very careful tbh. If itís too good to be trueÖ.

Kez:
Iím aware of them, havenít used them to buy anything. My understanding he tries his luck at contacting pros and buying their gear and then just sells it on for profit.

Not surprising the Pros are happy to sell clothes they get so much gear.

As for the batsÖ same with any ďproĒ bats, just because it was given to a pro doesnít make it any better or worse than one you can get your hands on from any decent batmaker.

jonny77:

--- Quote from: Kez on September 22, 2021, 10:18:24 PM ---Iím aware of them, havenít used them to buy anything. My understanding he tries his luck at contacting pros and buying their gear and then just sells it on for profit.

Not surprising the Pros are happy to sell clothes they get so much gear.

As for the batsÖ same with any ďproĒ bats, just because it was given to a pro doesnít make it any better or worse than one you can get your hands on from any decent batmaker.

--- End quote ---

This 100 percent. The bats aren't really going to be any better than a quality bat from a reputable batmaker and certainly won't make accounts game improve drastically.  The whole fascination with 'pro' bats really does baffle me at times.

Not saying this is the case here but it's now become a thing, with bats advertised as 'pro' bats left right and centre. You can have no idea where or who they've come from/were intended for (unless you believe a sharpie! 😆)

Devondumpling00:

--- Quote from: jonny77 on September 23, 2021, 06:22:07 AM ---This 100 percent. The bats aren't really going to be any better than a quality bat from a reputable batmaker and certainly won't make accounts game improve drastically.  The whole fascination with 'pro' bats really does baffle me at times.

Not saying this is the case here but it's now become a thing, with bats advertised as 'pro' bats left right and centre. You can have no idea where or who they've come from/were intended for (unless you believe a sharpie! 😆)

--- End quote ---

I can the logic for a potential buyer though. In theory the best bats should go to the pros to perform with on the biggest stages. I understand thatís how people might think.

Also these are cheaper thank the same quality sold privately (assumption), so I can see why itís peaks peoples interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version