Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 150

Author Topic: Ashes 2017-18  (Read 46265 times)

Sam, beaver5, AC93WK, HellomynameisJ, 1manteam, Aussiecollector and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

six and out

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • MKCC website
Re: Ashes 2017-18
« Reply #1875 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »

Surely if the AUS attack is better then that means be default our batting needs to be better then the Aussies, being as good as them means we get beat.

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #1876 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »

Stokes 0/39 off 7 , 34 with the bat , in latest match vs Auckland.
In oz news , mitch marsh added to squad ( even though he only returned to bowling a couple weeks ago .

Could be the true saviour for England rather than Stokes?
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #1877 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »

Id pick the same 11 and demand they grow a pair. Its best 11 available, Australia are not that much better than us, if at all. Just need to rise too the occasion. Deliver their skills at cruitial moments rather when theyre 200 behind.

Ali is best spinner weve got. No point in selecting a different spinner. If his unable to bowl in oz then we should pick another seamer.

This is a realistic post....in truth we don't have a huge pool of players sat in England or on the lions who are much better. I wish Wood like the rest of the forum was fit....I can't see it thou

At least half the forum had Hales in their team before the squad was picked, he may or may not of done any better. If you're playing him in front of Malan , well sorry, that won't work, Malan is proving he has something.

hales could counter attack....that's on the basis you think quality bowling can be slapped on tracks with pace and bounce.im not convinced at all.

The only player I think myself could of been part of the squad was Plunkett. He hits the deck hard, is a good fielder and can hold a bat. On Aussie pitches he might of got more out of it, to at least make them uncomfortable. Smith and Warner are quality,the rest of just ok

Totally agree there is not much between the teams.we are thou 0-2 down and won't come back. We just need to fight as hard as we can, away series are getting harder and harder to win-for all teams

Seniorplayer

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #1878 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »

Surely if the AUS attack is better then that means be default our batting needs to be better then the Aussies, being as good as them means we get beat.

And that's what has happened

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #1879 on: December 06, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »

I wonder why always there is talk about finding a batting partner to Cook, when they should be actually talking about Cook himself. The guy can't handle good pace/swing bowling and good spin either. A youngster would have performed as much as Cook did or maybe even better.

England should dare to drop Cook based on current form and let him back into the team based on performance.

Regarding Stokes, he must be such a dumb cricketer to let his own behavior harm his blossoming career.

You must be mad, cant play good pace or swing? Or spin?? Has 11600 test runs with hundreds and double hundreds against Aus & SA who have the quickest test attacks of the last few years, hundreds against India & Sri Lanka, Pakistan away from Home and plenty of Home hundreds where the ball swings more than any other country.

Is he in great nick, no is he still one of the worlds best openers? Hell yes based on 11600 runs in 140 matches over nearly a decade.
The whole England batting line up is at the moment pants but you are mad thinking about dropping Cook.

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #1880 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »

Cook would be the second name on the team sheet for me after Root

Mark butchers team for Perth, presuming Ali is fit to bowl.

Bowlers:unchanged

Batters: Malan to 3, Vince left out, Bairstow to 5 with Foakes keeping and batting before or after Woakes

Wonder if the selectors would do this?

six and out

• County 1st XI
    • MKCC website
« Reply #1881 on: December 06, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »

Stokes named in ODI squad

golders

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+10)
« Reply #1882 on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »

I'm surprised that Crane isn't being spoken of.Ali has two wickets and can't impart any action on the ball, presumably because he isn't fit.Overton looks a wholehearted gutsy cricketer,but isn't going to win test matches.Give the leggie a go!

Big Mac

• First XI Captain
« Reply #1883 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:30 AM »

You don't give someone a test cap just because they bowl leg-spin.

six and out

• County 1st XI
    • MKCC website
« Reply #1884 on: December 07, 2017, 06:59:13 AM »

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #1885 on: December 07, 2017, 07:19:10 AM »

England surely want Ali to prove he can bowl fine before the test

Bit of a confused picture when we don't have many spinners but he is a our frontline spinner so has to do that part first

But we also need runs lower down from him, I think he has said he is a batting allrounder.

six and out

• County 1st XI
    • MKCC website
« Reply #1886 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »

The CA XI looks like the strongest we have faced on tour. A number of players with Shield and One Day Cup experience including Travis Dean.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cricket.com.au/news/cricket-australia-xi-to-play-england-tour-match-perth-named-doran-dean-harper/2017-12-02%3fmode=amp

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #1887 on: December 07, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »

England surely want Ali to prove he can bowl fine before the test

Bit of a confused picture when we don't have many spinners but he is our frontline spinner so has to do that part first

But we also need runs lower down from him, I think he has said he is a batting allrounder.

He'll play the 3rd test regardless, I think they just fell the injury and missing warmups has left him a bit undercooked.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

northernboy1987

« Reply #1888 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:34 AM »

I wish Wood like the rest of the forum was fit....I can't see it thou

I'm going to be incredibly controversial and say that (as much as he seems a very funny and likeable lad and a good character to have around) I don't think that Mark Wood is that good, he occasionally bowls wheels but against South Africa he looked about as likely to take a wicket as I would have in a test match, his pace was way down and he just lacked any kind of penetration, unless he's fully fit and going to come in an bowl short spells flat out then there's no point as he'll just be bowling 85mph up and down with average control like Jake Ball did.

If he does come into the squad though I of course hope he proves me wrong :D
"The hallmark of a great captain is the ability to win the toss at the right time" - Richie Benaud

https://twitter.com/matteden87

19reading87

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #1889 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »

Would love Ben Duckett to get a load of runs this weekend. Throw his name into the hat for the Perth test
Highest score: 147*          Best bowling: 5-21
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 150

Advertise on CBF