Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Aero Tour Bag  (Read 1229 times)

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Aero Tour Bag
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »

I've tried searching for a review of the more modern ones online but am struggling to find one. Are they any good? What are people's experience of them?

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
Re: Aero Tour Bag
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »

I've tried searching for a review of the more modern ones online but am struggling to find one. Are they any good? What are people's experience of them?

Dont have the new one yet , but have the old one . The changes all seem like improvements.... getting rid of the mesh side pocket for one big pocket , larger wheels , better pull handle , improved materials , lighter weight . Seems like my favourite bag became better/nearly perfect.

mdg20

• County 2nd XI
    • Walthamstow CC
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »

I don't know how much the design has changed, but if the main compartment is the same design as the earlier ones then I would stay clear. I found it big and cumbersome, given the size difficult to fit everything in because of the split tiers. I also found getting stuff out of the bag to be awkward to.

Jaffa

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »

I hope they've improved the wheel layout. Because of the oversquare design the thing would constantly toppled over while being pulled.

That for me was a good reason to go to large duffles.
As smooth as baby Jesus in velvet pants.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:22:39 AM »

I always found access very easy /good ... access from the top and side , plus the tier can be removed in a jiffy.
Ive pulled my bag for literally hundreds of miles by foot and used it on public transport.  I pull it up and down stairs at train stations no problems .
I use it packed to the brim , but also with minimal gear from time to time . It always stays upright , never topples .
Sure , when i get a lift , people whinge at the size of my bag , but otherwise,  no complaints. ....and like i said , it seems they have improved it further .
Btw , im talking about 8 yrs worth of experience using this same bag .

Cow_corner

• First XI Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »

Bought one from Vitas beginning of the year, best bag I've had so far.
A revolution is not a dinner party.

Jaffa

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »

I hope they've improved the wheel layout. Because of the oversquare design the thing would constantly toppled over while being pulled.

I think the stability has also to do with your height. I'm a tad over 6ft and also seen taller guys having problems with wheelies falling over.
As smooth as baby Jesus in velvet pants.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »

I think the stability has also to do with your height. I'm a tad over 6ft and also seen taller guys having problems with wheelies falling over.

I'm 6ft3in  ;)

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »

Totally agree I have one and it's great size wise and stands in the changing room so dosnt take up
Loads of room, when pulling though it's rubbish and I'm well under 6ft

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »

I always found access very easy /good ... access from the top and side , plus the tier can be removed in a jiffy.
Ive pulled my bag for literally hundreds of miles by foot and used it on public transport.  I pull it up and down stairs at train stations no problems .
I use it packed to the brim , but also with minimal gear from time to time . It always stays upright , never topples .
Sure , when i get a lift , people whinge at the size of my bag , but otherwise,  no complaints. ....and like i said , it seems they have improved it further .
Btw , im talking about 8 yrs worth of experience using this same bag .

How do you find it for kit including whites?? I'm not a keeper so only carry regular batsman kit including kit to keep me mobile (2xGloves, Pads, Helmet, Box, thigh pad, back support, foam burst for the showers....)I have the Gray Nics Legend duffle at the mo and find I need a seperate bag for my kit all the time.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »

How do you find it for kit including whites?? I'm not a keeper so only carry regular batsman kit including kit to keep me mobile (2xGloves, Pads, Helmet, Box, thigh pad, back support, foam burst for the showers....)I have the Gray Nics Legend duffle at the mo and find I need a seperate bag for my kit all the time.

I find it gooood. For training i leave the aero toiletries bag and carry-all bag at home . For games i put the toiletries bag in the lowest front grey compartment.  I put the carry-all bag in the top tier , access from top . I open the bag from the top , take out the carry-all bag (which contains whites and all sorts of clothing and bibs and bobs /first aid kit etc). Then i undo the top tier ... just rip the velcro away and access bat , pads , thigh pads , helmet etc from the top opening . If you are short , you can access the bottom of the main compartment via the lowest grey front opening. I put the toiletries bag , and a four pairs of gloves in that lowest front compartment.  I use one of the side compartments for balls , grip cone , miscellaneous crap. I use another side compartment for food and drinks .

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:31:48 PM »

I find it gooood. For training i leave the aero toiletries bag and carry-all bag at home . For games i put the toiletries bag in the lowest front grey compartment.  I put the carry-all bag in the top tier , access from top . I open the bag from the top , take out the carry-all bag (which contains whites and all sorts of clothing and bibs and bobs /first aid kit etc). Then i undo the top tier ... just rip the velcro away and access bat , pads , thigh pads , helmet etc from the top opening . If you are short , you can access the bottom of the main compartment via the lowest grey front opening. I put the toiletries bag , and a four pairs of gloves in that lowest front compartment.  I use one of the side compartments for balls , grip cone , miscellaneous crap. I use another side compartment for food and drinks .

I have enough room to also include a camera bag and a back roller .

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »

Cheers @Biggie Smalls . That sounds perfect!

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »

Reviving Callums thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as cant get on with my Supernova - which is a great duffle but find it too much of a hassle to pack neatly to get everything in, and find it topples over easily when partially full.

What attracts me to the aero is the fact it can be used standing up (so takes less space in the changing room) and has lots of different sections and pockets for storage.

But is it too big for someone who isn't a keeper and tends to only take 1 set of softs to a game (although I do like to take 3-4 bats)? Keen to hear from others who have used these bags - good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

Not used one but recently aquired one and put all my kit in.. Fits pads, gloves, keeping kit, 2 helmets, stretton foxs, 2 pairs of boots and extra little bits thats at its biggest squeeze. Gloves easily fit in the side pockets too. And space for 3 bats lol
Pages: [1] 2 3

Advertise on CBF