Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Aero Tour Bag  (Read 1269 times)

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: Aero Tour Bag
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »

Not used one but recently aquired one and put all my kit in.. Fits pads, gloves, keeping kit, 2 helmets, stretton foxs, 2 pairs of boots and extra little bits thats at its biggest squeeze. Gloves easily fit in the side pockets too. And space for 3 bats lol

Thanks, but if I don't have keeping kit, only one helmet, and one pair shoes am I going to find its only half full and loses its shape or kit moves around inside it?

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »

No mate the inner shelf is sewn in on one side and velco on 3. Pads stand up just underneither so they give some supports too. The front pockets take up some room structurely too so its actually limited to what you can sneek in underneith from what i have found.

Id say minimal kit would go. Pads and thigh pad in bottom section with gloves maybe on top of thigh pads. Put the shelf down and you have room for helmet and clothes. 2 front pockets (airated) so can put clothes in there of shoes and a pair of flip flops in both easily. Large side pocket will fit alot in.

The only spare space you might have is the pockets in the side. Depends how you want to pack it really.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:52 PM »

Reviving Callums thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as cant get on with my Supernova - which is a great duffle but find it too much of a hassle to pack neatly to get everything in, and find it topples over easily when partially full.

What attracts me to the aero is the fact it can be used standing up (so takes less space in the changing room) and has lots of different sections and pockets for storage.

But is it too big for someone who isn't a keeper and tends to only take 1 set of softs to a game (although I do like to take 3-4 bats)? Keen to hear from others who have used these bags - good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks

I use my aero both overstuffed to the brim and with minimal gear packed in it. When you dont have much gear it won't move around if you pack it right ....there are so many options that you'll always have a way to make it work .
The bag is just as structural with minimal gear in it and it is actually quite pleasant to use when packed minimally as everything is accessed so easily . Can't go wrong with an aero !

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys - sounds like I need to get one and Christmas is coming up  :-)

(is anyone else having problems with the emojis not working?)

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »

:) :) :D :D :D.
Nope not me .
Ive had my aero for over 8 years now and its done a loooot of miles ....so youll get good use out of it for sure .

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys - sounds like I need to get one and Christmas is coming up  :-)

(is anyone else having problems with the emojis not working?)

Try just using : )   (but together obviously) :)

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »

Question to anyone with an Aero Tour.

I have seen 2 versions of the black and silver tour - the most common one seems to have 2 pockets on each side (with the top one on left side being a mesh one)

https://www.cricket-hockey.com/aero-stand-up-tour-bag

but I have also seen another version with a single larger pocket on the right.

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/products/bags-luggage-aero-stand-up-tour-bag-black-silver-apstb-96617.aspx

Does anyone know which is the latest version and any thoughts on which is better?

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »

The one with the mesh pocket is the older one (the one i have) .
I would looove the new one for many reasons....
-the mesh pocket requires some tlc and doesnt maximise as much space as standard pockets
-the materials on new version are stronger
-the weight has been reduced (even though its stronger) on the new one
-the wheels on the new one have been made bigger , like the tractor wheels and are better
-the pullout handle on the new version has been made sturdier and wider to make wheeling it around more wobble free

I have had the old version for over 8 years and its the best bag , by far , that ive ever had . I will be upgrading to the new one soon (i bought a nb ecb wheelie for games just to look cool /indulge myself) and will be using it as my training/public transport/general thrashing , take anything bag and will even be putting my bola junior in it when i get it .

d7bow

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »

@Chalkie , I dont think what pro cricket are selling is the latest, from the catalogue there is a newer version again, with the tour having 2 side pockets to the right.. The stand up club has one large side pocket to the right.

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »

@Biggie Smalls  - thanks mate, but from what I can see they all have the small mesh pocket on the top left (as you look at the bag from the front) even the new version looks like it has it.

Is your one black and silver (I thought earlier versions were black with red or orange) and does it have 1 large pocket (material not mesh) on the right or 2 small?

Cheers

d7bow

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:29 PM »

Chalkie

• County 1st XI
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »

@Chalkie , I dont think what pro cricket are selling is the latest, from the catalogue there is a newer version again, with the tour having 2 side pockets to the right.. The stand up club has one large side pocket to the right.

Yes, it looks like there is a new 2018 version with less writing and an aero pattern on one small pocket.

The ones I have listed are the older version, I just cant work out which is the oldest style????

The prodirect one says - an extensive redesign led to this bag being lightened and strengthened - so maybe it is a newer one? But it has 1 pocket on the right where as the other 'old' version and the 2018 version has the 2 smaller pockets on the right.

Maybe one of the retailers on here can help clarify?

d7bow

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

The link ive shown, is the picture from 2018 aero catalouge.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »

One large pocket is newer version , two small pockets is older  version ....ie / the prodirect one is newer .
My bag is grey /silver , an aero tour standup wheelie .....in oz the colour scheme changed waaaay earlier than in u.k .
Didnt know the new version also had mesh pocket on left side , hence confusion . But the new version is still way better from everything ive read and seen .
If there is a third , ven newer version , i dont know about it .

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »

https://flic.kr/p/218N1XC

Yep that version is even newer than the prodirect new version .
Doesnt show if the other side has just one large pocket , one small and one mesh pocket etc though .

Id contact aero to ask what the difference is .... i believe aero are on the forum (used to be anyway) , maybe contact them via forum to find out . If not , i once contacted them via email to their n.z base and recieved prompt response .
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Advertise on CBF