Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Stand up wheelie advice  (Read 674 times)

beaver5

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Stand up wheelie advice
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:33:44 AM »

I'm looking to get a new bag for next season as my long serving Newbery SPS doesn't have a bat cave. I'm considering the GN Test or Kook Pro Players. What are peoples opinions of these 2 bags? I know there's a good review on here for the GN but very little about the Kook. Anyone have experience of these 2 bags and their good and bad points? Or if there are any other very good ones to consider?

d7bow

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Re: Stand up wheelie advice
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »

Kook Pro D2 duffle is a great bag, internal bat caves for 2 bats, and an external pocket on each side for your pads

beaver5

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »

Thanks, but I'm after a wheelie bag rather than a duffle. They seem similar though. What's the build quality like?

d7bow

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 05:26:51 PM »

Sorry beaver, I posted then read the title :( Build quality seems really good, but then when you see the examples there not full of actual kit!!

jamielsn15

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »

I've got the GN test bag, best I've had. Pros are it takes three bats, kook only two, which is ideal for me - two main match bats and a wet weather bat.

Great storage and great build quality. Fits all batting gear, with two pairs of gloves, two sets of keeping pads and gloves. I also have two sweaters, lomg sleeve and sleeveless, all fits in easily. Separate compartments for helmet and shoes, side pockets for odds and ends and has never fallen over when stood upright. I'll never need another bag again!
"The more I practice the luckier I get..."

Red Ink Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Red Ink Cricket
    • Red Ink Cricket
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »

I'm looking to get a new bag for next season as my long serving Newbery SPS doesn't have a bat cave. I'm considering the GN Test or Kook Pro Players. What are peoples opinions of these 2 bags? I know there's a good review on here for the GN but very little about the Kook. Anyone have experience of these 2 bags and their good and bad points? Or if there are any other very good ones to consider?

All depends what you want from a bag. If you want 3 padded bat pockets, large main compartment, internal mesh section and pockets large enough for clothing, accessories and boots all with 3 wheels and the option to stand up, then the 2018 Red Ink wheelie is worth a look. Feel free to get in contact if that sounds like something you need

jonny77

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 07:36:54 PM »

Aero Tour? Huge stand up wheelie bag with padded bat cave for 3 bats.

LDifa

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 11:01:33 PM »

my Salix Pod one, has lasted four years.

roco

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »

I didn't think the kook pro players stands up?

My one from 2015 didn't as just swapped it for an aero tour and feel it suits me better.
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »

I didn't think the kook pro players stands up?

My one from 2015 didn't as just swapped it for an aero tour and feel it suits me better.

How much space have you got left after the normal kit? I don't think i've seen a keeper use one...?

roco

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 09:09:28 AM »

Got space and pockets left

I could get my keeping stuff in if I was still keeping I think
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 09:24:03 AM »

about 8 yrs ago when i first got my aero tour i had to fill in as keeper for a while....i got all the keeping gear in no probs.

beaver5

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 09:43:58 AM »

The new Kookaburra pro players says it stands up and looks good. The problem with all retailers is they all just put the standard info and pictures supplied by the brand and often limited info. Where's IJC's video reviews when you need one!  I don't have keeping gear so size not too much of an issue, but have several bats and gloves as well as other gear. My Newbery SPS has lasted 18 years now and want a replacement that is built well and will last more than a few seasons.

beaver5

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »

All depends what you want from a bag. If you want 3 padded bat pockets, large main compartment, internal mesh section and pockets large enough for clothing, accessories and boots all with 3 wheels and the option to stand up, then the 2018 Red Ink wheelie is worth a look. Feel free to get in contact if that sounds like something you need

Any pictures of your 2018 wheelie?

Advertise on CBF