Forum News and Suggestions > Custom Bats Blog

Condemning Compton

<< < (8/8)

Nickauger:
I think that if you need to pick both of them, then you do pick Compton to open, and Root at 6. He's definitely more able to change the pace of a game! Better looking player.... yes, better player.... as an international opener, don't know. And Compton didn't open once last season for Somerset! He batted 3 and 4.

Manormanic:

--- Quote from: Nickauger on June 07, 2013, 11:18:16 AM ---I think that if you need to pick both of them, then you do pick Compton to open, and Root at 6. He's definitely more able to change the pace of a game! Better looking player.... yes, better player.... as an international opener, don't know. And Compton didn't open once last season for Somerset! He batted 3 and 4.

--- End quote ---

If you have them both in the same team, your hand is forced - Compton really could only open such is the one paced nature of his game, and Root in fairness would make a perfectly good number four.  I think teh bigger point is, of teh seven obvious candidates for si slots in teh Ashes, Compton is the one who would be missed from the line up least (and I say that as someone who does not think that Ian Bell should be allowed anywhere near the England side!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version