Forum News and Suggestions > Custom Bats Blog

Condemning Compton

<< < (2/8) > >>

Red Ink Cricket:

--- Quote from: Nickauger on June 06, 2013, 01:21:34 PM ---I agree too, class is permanent after all. He'll come good! Trying his best not to score any runs though lol. 34 from 140 odd balls lol

--- End quote ---

50 from 132. a little slow but decent

PedalsMcgrew:
I too am a bit of a Compton fan. He hasn't done too much wrong so far has he? He's had a bad run of form in the last series but so did Ian Bell and no one questions his place. Bell goes on poor runs for months at a time and no one seems to notice! Leave Compton where he is and, just as importantly, leave Root where he is. It will all be fine!

Buzz:
Sorry, I am not sure I agree - Root and Bairstow add an urgency to the England batting that we need. Compton Trott and Cook up top is too staid.

Compton's technique has some marginal issues (I suspect confidence would sort them) - but KP has to be included so 4 into 3 doesn't go.

Form states Compton is the one to miss out.

Plus we also have to include the inpact of their fielding too. If I was an oppo bowler - I would Compton was playing ahead of Bairstow. And that answers the question for me.

Red Ink Cricket:

--- Quote from: Buzz on June 06, 2013, 01:31:03 PM ---Sorry, I am not sure I agree - Root and Bairstow add an urgency to the England batting that we need. Compton Trott and Cook up top is too staid.

Compton's technique has some marginal issues (I suspect confidence would sort them) - but KP has to be included so 4 into 3 doesn't go.

Form states Compton is the one to miss out.

Plus we also have to include the inpact of their fielding too. If I was an oppo bowler - I would Compton was playing ahead of Bairstow. And that answers the question for me.

--- End quote ---

that makes it sound like hes monty in the field. i dont think there is that big a margin when it comes to fielding that justifies him being dropped. i also thinking Bairstow is more likely to give you a chance than compton due to his style of play. theres nothing wrong with the team as it is. Bairstow hasnt exactly set the world alight in test matches. for me, he is the one that should miss out when KP comes back. Root is doing a fine job where he is, dont change that.

PedalsMcgrew:
I think you'd be picking Bairstow over Compton based on what he 'might' do whereas Compton already has a couple of tons and 2 of his 3 tours have been very successful. He hasn't become a poor player overnight. I do think JB is very talented but I really don't think he has shown enough, quite yet, to warrant a place over NC. that may well change if he gets selected but based on the evidence we have I would stick with NC and leave JR where he is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version