Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > Hell4Leather

Convex Profiles?

<< < (4/5) > >>

alba caerulea:

--- Quote from: beaver5 on October 12, 2020, 08:58:11 PM ---It might be psychological

--- End quote ---

I suspect this is true for nearly all members on here. In a blind usage test I dont reckon a single person on here could pick out Convex from concave bats of the same weight. It all comes down to what shapes we like the look of and think will suit us better.

How the bat feels in the hands is the important thing and whether its a weight you can use comfortably for an extended period of time at the crease.

There are other topics on this and sorry to shatter some dreams and theories early in the morning.

Kulli:

--- Quote from: alba caerulea on October 13, 2020, 06:56:52 AM ---I suspect this is true for nearly all members on here. In a blind usage test I dont reckon a single person on here could pick out Convex from concave bats of the same weight. It all comes down to what shapes we like the look of and think will suit us better.

How the bat feels in the hands is the important thing and whether its a weight you can use comfortably for an extended period of time at the crease.

There are other topics on this and sorry to shatter some dreams and theories early in the morning.

--- End quote ---

This x 1000, find a bat that makes you happy and bat with it 😁

beaver5:

--- Quote from: alba caerulea on October 13, 2020, 06:56:52 AM --- In a blind usage test

--- End quote ---

That net session would be interesting to see. Not sure I'd be volunteering to be the bat tester though!  ;)

edge:

--- Quote from: Jimbo on October 12, 2020, 09:15:22 PM ---I can understand the value in concaving and massive edges if your natural game is to really go after everything and hit big. Unfortunately I am not built like a brick wall and I've never had any success trying to smash 6s every other ball so a bat with huge edges just doesn't make sense to me.

--- End quote ---
If you have one of these bats where the edges fly for six and you don't want it(!) then feel free to send it my way ;)

SLA:
I have 2 B3 match bats; same size, same grade, exact same weight, same mid-low middle, same pick-up, except one is concaved and the other isn't. They play exactly the same. Honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version