General Cricket > Your Cricket

Your 2021 Season

<< < (81/82) > >>

uknsaunders:

--- Quote from: jonny77 on September 14, 2021, 08:13:18 PM ---Where do you play? I've just gone 44 and still playing in our 2's, who are 2 divs below ECB Prem Yorks South, (so not an awful standard). So, I certainly wouldn't class anyone as too old for any form of cricket. Imo if you're good enough and fit enough, age is irrelevant.

--- End quote ---

I played my first 1st XI game in about 25 years this season. May not have been first choice but i did a job, and I'm 50.

JB:

--- Quote from: KettonJake on September 14, 2021, 02:49:02 PM ---I played against my old club on Sunday, where a stalwart of that club was playing his final game of the season and 998th for the club. He's 79.

He plays pretty much every Saturday and Sunday, and sometimes midweek too.

Side note, he got 6* on Sunday and was last dismissed on Aug 31st 2019!

--- End quote ---

Bet he's got a decent average

mo_town:

--- Quote from: KettonJake on September 14, 2021, 02:49:02 PM ---I played against my old club on Sunday, where a stalwart of that club was playing his final game of the season and 998th for the club. He's 79.

He plays pretty much every Saturday and Sunday, and sometimes midweek too.

Side note, he got 6* on Sunday and was last dismissed on Aug 31st 2019!

--- End quote ---

Is this the same match? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9lcBc4zE0

ProCricketer1982:

--- Quote from: mo_town on September 18, 2021, 09:41:23 AM ---Is this the same match? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9lcBc4zE0

--- End quote ---

certainly Jake as WK :)

LockieEP:
Last game of the season yesterday in a "friendly" with another local club.

Very proud Dad moment to open the batting with my 13 year old lad and out on 99 for the first wicket, I fell first and gutting for Jacob as he was out caught for 89.

Sadly some strange behavior from their skipper; shouting to question ridiculous LBW appeals and then calling a 14 year old for multiple no balls when I was informed by our mid-off that over half of them were not - including the one when I took a catch off him in the slips. Oh well.

Lovely weather yesterday and always a little sad when the last game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version