Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Your 2018 kit... photos please  (Read 3777 times)

charliemott, RF, AlanB, addu84, FattusCattus and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

raza147

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 kit... photos please
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2018, 07:59:17 PM »

3 fantastic bats, love the xxx11 shape personally

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

First season last season and despite going through a lot of kit (bought and sold around 15 bats as well as various sets of softs) the stuff I think I've settled on is remarkably similar to last year. Same softs besides the logo change, same bag, same weight and same feel bat, same protective stuff. I love to tinker but sometimes you do just had a "type" and have to stick with it (burn the heretic!)

2017:

2018:

GM Chrome 404. Appropriate level kit for my ability ;) ~20 grain half heartwood, feels and goes better than others I had which cost more than 5 times as much. I've had 2 Chrome LE's and 1 Chrome Original since last season and still come back to this 404 and it is the only bat I currently own.
GN bags: Tried others, but this is the perfect size, right amount of pockets and super comfortable for public transport etc
Aero body protection: Most comfortable kit by a long way having tried pretty much every alternative so still a winner for me
Shrey helmet: I feel dirty but it is the only one which gives a decent fit. The old GM is pretty tired after a season's use but highly recommended.
Pads: UZI Test. Same as the TON from last year but with subtle changes to be even more awesome
Gloves: UZI Test. To all intents and purposes the same as the TON I now use in nets but with slightly different palms being the only real difference.
Adidas Shoes

Any extra bats I have are packaged up ready to head out to other forum members so time to start experimenting with new stuff again I think :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:24:21 PM by DorsetDan »

ppccopener

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »

Are the handles nice and oval on the chrome Dorset I fancy picking one up cheap on eBay before the season.

Like the shape and whilst no one in their right mind would buy any bat just because the stickers are fab.....I might just do so!

FattusCattus

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bend it like Fattus!!
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »

OMG @ppccopener - Ive got a strange compulsion to try a Chrome, I love the shape too!

Lets buy one together and share custody 😁
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »

I like the Chrome because it is the only bat where I think I may have found the middle :)

Handle is chunky, quite oval but not a strange shape like some ovals. Nice and natural in the hands. If you have had a play with other GMs I would say a Paragon/ Mana has a slightly rounder feel and Neon has a slightly sharper oval feel and the Chrome sits in the middle due to the way the spine comes up in to the handle in each case

Stickers are awesome and have the added bonus of being able to dazzle the fielding side when the shiny bits catch the light right :)

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

Il look forward to seeing the Kit in action this season @DorsetDan - I like the Uzi softs - I was up there today for my brother who is returning to action after 8 years out the guys at @Uzi Sports sorted him out :-)

No news on nets as yet dan but il let you know when they start

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 11:46:19 AM »

Oh go on then....

Here is my kit for this season minus the Neon Softs and Duffle that I will be collecting soon.

H4L Custom Softs
Aldred Sovereign Gloves (had pads hated them) gloves are good tho
Aero P1 strippers
Aero Box
Masuri Titanium Helmet (Old style)
Adidas Shoes and spikes (may update my spikes)
CP Limited Edition Bag

And the Bats....A lovely Aldred Velocity Player Grade & Butterfly - An Aldred Spectre which I traded with  @Chalkie and The Orange @Neon Cricket Promo bat which has 2 and a half grips on it.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:08:37 PM by velvetsky01 »

FattusCattus

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bend it like Fattus!!
« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 11:53:33 AM »

Are you in Australia?
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 11:59:47 AM »

No no Just Sunny Wiltshire.....funny enough I was waiting for that from you @FattusCattus after I saw it :D any idea how to solve this?

raza147

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 12:03:47 PM »

love the look of that spectre

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 12:14:58 PM »

All of @velvetsky01 's bats there feel amaaazing in the hands. Great little selection to choose from

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #71 on: Yesterday at 12:24:24 PM »

Are you in Australia?
Came in to read/post this, left satisfied.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

mo_town

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 12:27:06 PM »

OMG @ppccopener - Ive got a strange compulsion to try a Chrome, I love the shape too!

Lets buy one together and share custody 😁

I was down at Morrant on Saturday..The Chrome was the only bat which felt real good and well blanaced among he GM lot. I think they are the only ones who make bats with thick handles anymore. All the other bats had very thin handles. The handles on some of the GN bats were ridiculously thin!

Sorry to go off-topic.

it's_a_pudding

• First XI Captain
« Reply #73 on: Yesterday at 06:14:43 PM »

I was down at Morrant on Saturday..The Chrome was the only bat which felt real good and well blanaced among he GM lot. I think they are the only ones who make bats with thick handles anymore. All the other bats had very thin handles. The handles on some of the GN bats were ridiculously thin!

Sorry to go off-topic.

Yeah that's right GM changed a couple of years ago to thicker handles. My gray nicolls has a very thin semi oval.

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
« Reply #74 on: Yesterday at 06:32:43 PM »

Thinner handles presumably used to keep weight down of the bat and add it to the willow part of it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Advertise on CBF