Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Most "Village Moment"  (Read 15450 times)

LBWCandidate

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Two 4's are better than a 6!
Re: Most "Village Moment"
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Played reverse sweep to a ball pitched out the leg stump and umpire gave me out LBW.
I asked him why and he said since I used the reverse sweep, I am considered a left handed batsman.  :o
He did apologize after the match.

NT50

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2017, 08:48:30 PM »

The oppo's captain today had watched last night's fight, and came to skipper his side with a grand total of 0 hours sleep!

He came in to say hello to our skipper, stumbling about and slurring his words!

He usually carries his bat and nurdles his way to 80/90. His first ball today, gets nowhere near the ball, hits his pad and goes to first slip. He then stumbles out of his crease and our first slip chucks it onto the stumps to run him out, leaving their umpire and entire team in absolute hysterics.

Big Mac

• First XI Captain
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2017, 03:12:44 AM »

The oppo's captain today had watched last night's fight, and came to skipper his side with a grand total of 0 hours sleep!

He came in to say hello to our skipper, stumbling about and slurring his words!

He usually carries his bat and nurdles his way to 80/90. His first ball today, gets nowhere near the ball, hits his pad and goes to first slip. He then stumbles out of his crease and our first slip chucks it onto the stumps to run him out, leaving their umpire and entire team in absolute hysterics.

The most village part of this story is the fact that he stayed up all night to watch a carny sideshow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Advertise on CBF