Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: About T-Rapta  (Read 11463 times)

Nmcgee

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: About T-Rapta
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »

I think we are getting into semantics about "our bat maker". There's no suggestion the bat maker in question is solely or primarily employed by the company in question.
Back yourself.

edge

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 06:04:16 AM »

If anything saying 'our bat maker makes bats for us' is a clear sign that someone else makes them, if it was in house you would simply say 'we make bats'. Bit of a random attack... just go buy your bats from somewhere else?

nottinghamtiger

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »

If anything saying 'our bat maker makes bats for us' is a clear sign that someone else makes them, if it was in house you would simply say 'we make bats'. Bit of a random attack... just go buy your bats from somewhere else?

I agree to some extent, and have made my view clear that if people don't like this business model they have to option to buy elsewhere. 
I still don't really understand whether you buy pre-made bats or have these made to order by a bat maker, but it's not really something I think makes much difference!  In my view you are trying to establish a visual brand and as such you are brand-based (increasing the value of an existing product) rather than manufacturing based.  Lots of companies are and it can be successful as outlay is much smaller, the only problem comes when people realise they are paying for branding and they can get the same product branded differently but for less money elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:23:58 AM by nottinghamtiger »

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 10:59:59 AM »

Not sure if you think I do from your post but will say just in case that I have nothing to do with T-Rapta, only responding to others' comments on here (Y)

GarrettJ

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

i have started to make my own bats and as they arent finished as well as the pro bat makers i find it harder to sell them for anything over 150 when they are the same as a 250 but sanded by me instead of a proper batmaker. So you have the choice, do your own or buy them in and make more money per bat from less time spent.

I do my own now because i enjoy it, i sell them for 150 maximum but i cant make any income out of it, more just to cover the materials and the few hours it takes to make them.

As a business venture, buying them in makes complete sense.

http://cricketclassifieds.co.uk/ ......... sell your cricket gear for free

billygoatedna

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

Do you have any pictures Garrettj of your finishing ? As for T Raptor , give the guys a break as they are only starting out. #Respect

sgcricket

• County 1st XI
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »

So if I don't like the service I received from someone I shouldn't say anything about it? This is the 3rd post that I have seen with this exact same message  >:(. Please keep posting your negative comments people if you wish people.
it's a whole different issue if there has been something wrong with the service you have received as a customer. but slating a brand just because you have an internet connection, that's totally uncalled for.

Kulli

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »

This a solid contender for worst thread ever.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »

This a solid contender for worst thread ever.

Agreed and despite my lengthy contributions hopefully mainly in the sponsors defence I think it should be archived off and the sponsors original introduction be reinstated.

If not archived then could the "discussion" be split out into another thread with another title. After all there is more than one sponsor getting others to make their bats.

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 05:01:42 PM »

There is only a handful of bat makers or companies that have the knowledge or ability to do the whole process from the first stage to the last. And maybe a handful in the UK. The start up cost to do everything in house would be ten's of grands just on the machinery. If there was not small boutique/ bedroom brands what ever you wish to call them the market price for a bat would be sky high as there would be no competition.
This is a ridiculous slating of a brand that at the heart has a cricket fan at heart who is trying to make a little extra money from something they like and they are able to offer a good product at a good price.

Seniorplayer

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »

Yes and good luck to TRapta and anyone else for having a go they all should be encouraged its the intimation of what they actually do that  that people have a problem a with.

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

Yes and good luck to TRapta and anyone else for having a go they all should be encouraged its the intimation of what they actually do that  that people have a problem a with.

"People" don't the odd few seem too.

skip1973

• International Captain
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2015, 12:06:47 AM »

I sell hundreds of bats every year, maybe 1 in 50 ask who makes what, most don't care. Your normal cricketer wants a bat that feels and pings good and that fits their budget. Most people on here tend to over complicate things.

dougydee

• First XI Captain
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »

Most people on here tend to over complicate things.
Amen to that
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Advertise on CBF