Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adidas Adizero SL22 shoes anyone?  (Read 1856 times)

brokenbat

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Adidas Adizero SL22 shoes anyone?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »

@Vitas Cricket And @Ayrtek Cricket .. like you I am contemplating a switch from my Asics Gel Advance 6 to the boost... is the sizing the same or should I go up in size? Many Thanks.

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 07:06:10 AM »

Go up a size @brokenbat . I wore them for the first time the other weekend, bowled 16 overs fielded 85 and batted about 12 and and they really were comfy! Not great in the damp but other than that I was impressed.

iand123

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »

Anyone else find the insoles really crap? Mine have died and fold towards the heel every game

Bruce

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

Yes, insoles from my 2016 pair were poor. Got those out and replaced with others that now need replacing
You're only as good as your last knock....

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 01:23:47 AM »

Anyone else find the insoles really crap? Mine have died and fold towards the heel every game

I didn't find them that bad , but because the boost is thin (well , compared to my boost runners anyway ) ,i swapped the insoles out for memory foam ones . Only cost a dollar on fleabay and they feel really nice .... memory foam and boost is a great combo .

JMB174

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »

bought some of the 2016 version and have worn them every game this season bar one ( you needed wellies). only time felt like slipping is on really hard tracks.
totally agree about the inner soles, changed mine after 2 games, very poor for something you are paying 100 for. (if you are paying rrp)

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »

@Vitas Cricket And @Ayrtek Cricket .. like you I am contemplating a switch from my Asics Gel Advance 6 to the boost... is the sizing the same or should I go up in size? Many Thanks.

Sorry just saw this, Im usually a 7.5 in adidas trainers but have gone for an 8 with these as i wear cricket socks. They are quite snug as a result but given i end up doing long off to long off for 20-25 overs a game id rather have them like that than loose.

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Cricket Retailer & Coaching Centre in Peterborough
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 05:24:06 PM »

Wore them in pretty much every game, much lighter and more comfortable than lots of alternatives on the market and it really took a lot for me to move away from asics

Green wet outfields, rock hard squares and everything in between were tackled no issues

I slipped maybe twice running between the wickets but this was on a concrete hard square devoid of grass with an almost shiny top layer if you know what I mean? I slip on that kind of wicket in spikes

Already have my 2017 boosts on order, I've always been an asics man and felt it would take something truly exceptional for me to change, I wasn't sure adidas would deliver  but they have

As for spiking them up, possibly the most ridiculous thing I've seen. The traction lugs are as good as spikes if not better. My only tiny criticism is the boost material is thin under your toes, and sanding this down even thinner to create a surface to stick and stitch a soleplate would not be a positive

Second season in a row I've worn boosts, unless the NB 2018 range is as good as many professionals are saying then I can't see myself wearing anything other than the 2018 boosts which receive some minor updates as well as a new colourway.

Looking back on my original post about it taking a lot for me to move away from Asics, i'm glad i made this move back then rather than being forced to next season as Asics are leaving the cricket market (in Europe/the UK at least)

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »

Looking back on my original post about it taking a lot for me to move away from Asics, i'm glad i made this move back then rather than being forced to next season as Asics are leaving the cricket market (in Europe/the UK at least)
Whaaat?

Aside: The 2018 NB stuff does look interesting so if that's high quality it would be a welcome addition, bought a pair of the CK10s recently and sent them straight back, very disappointed. Take it retailers here haven't even seen them yet?

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »

Whaaat?

Aside: The 2018 NB stuff does look interesting so if that's high quality it would be a welcome addition, bought a pair of the CK10s recently and sent them straight back, very disappointed. Take it retailers here haven't even seen them yet?

We had the opportunity to view the entire range a while back, but we couldn't make the dates and the venue is a long way from us. We have seen images and spec sheets though and given the strength of NB sales over the past 2 years we made our order for pre christmas delivery back in May (ridiculous i know)

I had heard rumours about Asics all Summer and had it confirmed by Asics themselves last week. The current range will still be available until what they refer to as spring/summer18, so shortly before next cricket season. I'm sure some retailers will still carry stock, we are unlikely to order any of it to be honest as Asics has never been a business we have found particularly easy to deal with.

brokenbat

• International Captain
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »

Second season in a row I've worn boosts, unless the NB 2018 range is as good as many professionals are saying then I can't see myself wearing anything other than the 2018 boosts which receive some minor updates as well as a new colourway.

@Vitas Cricket do the shoes need to replaced every year, given the wear and tear of the sythetic rubber spikes? is that not a drawback compared to traditional spikes?

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

@Vitas Cricket do the shoes need to replaced every year, given the wear and tear of the sythetic rubber spikes? is that not a drawback compared to traditional spikes?

It is a potential drawback yes, how often they need to be replaced does depend on how much cricket you play, and also what role you serve in the team. I keep wicket so whether we are batting or fielding i am generally involved in the game and i'm on the most abrasive part of the pitch (the square) so my shoes take more tap than most.

I play a lot of cricket (average of a bout 70 games) a season, and my conventional spikes are always about ready for the bin after one season. Like many sports products (cricket bats included) it is often the case that the more you pay then the more the product is weighted to performance over durability.
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF