Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bags - Best Value  (Read 1017 times)

OllieWalker39

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Bags - Best Value
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »

Hello!

I'm in the market for a bag - I've had mine 2 or 3 years now, and there are some holes developing which are letting my talent leak out!

Wondering what people on here have and what sort of money they cost? I'm needing something big, as I'm a man with enough kit for the whole team (not sure why... I'm sure the forum has something to do with this!). However, looking and seeing bags are now towards 100 makes me wince slightly! Not fussy whether duffle or wheels.

Thanks!!  :)

roco

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+15)
Re: Bags - Best Value
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »

I'm in the same boat as been using my duffle all year as not liking my kook pro players bag for some reason so it goes unused in the loft, but the duffle is not really big enough.

I have been looking into the H4L one as ones ive seen look big and organised but sturdy.
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

thedon

• County 1st XI
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »

Pro direct have got a newbery merlin bag for 48 reduced half price I believe

OllieWalker39

• First XI Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »

I did see that but they've not put dimensions on etc. So not sure if it's just a big empty bag so to speak, or whether it's pockets and "bat cave" etc! (I know you can see a bat pouch on the side, but like most I have more than one).

However, at 48 is a good price!

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/dunamiscricket
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »

The h4l large duffle is pretty big. But essentially just a massive massive with beggy internal pockets, would have been nice to be seperate pockets on the outside. Same with the boot pocket too. Im just picky though

rahul_1987

• First XI Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »

Andythomo21

• County 1st XI
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »

Not bought one personally but I've been very tempted by the large Woodworm Wheelie
Bag from TheSportsHQ. Big, good quality materials, good reviews, several compartments
and free embroidered personalisation if desired.

t2ylo

• First XI Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:20:26 PM »

I'm always tempted by the stand up Aero bags
Not cheap is the downside
Bought the big stand up Slazenger one but didn't quite work for me and the smaller Salix Pod has silly side pockets for pads and isn't tall enough.
If anyone knows of a big roomy simple stand up duffle at a decent price, please share.
Cricket is battle and service and sport and art

Douglas Jardine

19reading87

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 06:37:54 AM »

Highest score: 147*          Best bowling: 5-21

Gurujames

• County 1st XI
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »

I agree with the Slazenger. I have a few of the v series duffles (about 8) and the big tour duffle (20) (which doesn't seeem to be available online anymore) and they are both superb value for money.

OllieWalker39

• First XI Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »

Not bought one personally but I've been very tempted by the large Woodworm Wheelie
Bag from TheSportsHQ. Big, good quality materials, good reviews, several compartments
and free embroidered personalisation if desired.
I had the biggest Woodworm Wheelie and it fits everything in! Only bug bear for me, is the front pocket barely fits my spikes in (I'm only a size 10!). Also, it has a velcro bit that separates it from the main section, which has a habit of coming up and the little things I've put in firing into my bag.

But - I've had it two years and it's done me proud. Just time for something new - might try find a Sports Direct which has one of these Slaz bags in to have a look at!

Biggie Smalls

• County 1st XI
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »

I'm always tempted by the stand up Aero bags
Not cheap is the downside
Bought the big stand up Slazenger one but didn't quite work for me and the smaller Salix Pod has silly side pockets for pads and isn't tall enough.
If anyone knows of a big roomy simple stand up duffle at a decent price, please share.

Aero standups are top notch !

WalkingWicket37

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+25)
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 11:12:26 PM »

Have Sports Direct/Slazenger sorted out that issue that their bags fall apart at the seams as soon as you think about putting kit in them?

Had a wheelie a few years ago that lasted about 3 weeks before it wasn't even fit to chuck in the club kit shed

jd163

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 02:10:41 AM »

Have Sports Direct/Slazenger sorted out that issue that their bags fall apart at the seams as soon as you think about putting kit in them?

Had a wheelie a few years ago that lasted about 3 weeks before it wasn't even fit to chuck in the club kit shed

I am using Sports direct Slaz Wheelie duffle for almost 2 years now and not a single tear or zip issue. I think they have fixed the issue you are talking about. Many of my teammates are also using Slaz bags from SD and no complains with bags.
Got wood!

amritpremi

• County 1st XI
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 09:01:48 AM »

I was looking for a big bag to carry entire kit for travel when I was moving out & on normal days to have a bag which can easily consume everything which I do not want to carry in my match duffle bag. Did a lot of reasearch & found this one from VKS suitable & within budget as well. Lovely bag, even bigger than how it looks in the video below -

https://youtu.be/dWsOtmqVkdQ
Pages: [1] 2

Advertise on CBF