Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > blankbats.co.uk

Opinions please Fellas!

<< < (3/5) > >>

ppccopener:
I wouldn't take a bat back after 2 years even if it was only used for a short while. It's just one of those things we take a chance with bats there's no guarantee they won't go like this.

If it was my bat even thou it does look bad I would get a second opinion if I can be repaired.

@LEACHY48 and @WalkingWicket37 are both really good, I know both they won't say it can be repaired and last if it can't be.

I'd def ask one or both of these members on here first.

Alvaro:

--- Quote from: ppccopener on May 05, 2021, 11:56:20 AM ---I wouldn't take a bat back after 2 years even if it was only used for a short while. It's just one of those things we take a chance with bats there's no guarantee they won't go like this.

If it was my bat even thou it does look bad I would get a second opinion if I can be repaired.

@LEACHY48 and @WalkingWicket37 are both really good, I know both they won't say it can be repaired and last if it can't be.

I'd def ask one or both of these members on here first.

--- End quote ---

Or go to Hunts?

LEACHY48:
Tbh mate, its a case of: "could last 1 ball, could last 1 season" no one can tell you how viable a repair would be on a bat with this damage accurately. Id happily repair it for you, but id also maybe echo the sentiments of Hunts when they said its likely to go again. The join itself would be stronger than the wood it was binding together, but it would more than likely go in a different location near the crack.

LEACHY48:

--- Quote from: Alvaro on May 05, 2021, 12:04:43 PM ---Or go to Hunts?

--- End quote ---

He has already been to Hunts, but the above post was just giving him advice on seeking a second opinion, which as it happened was the same, but still worth asking the question.

NT50:

--- Quote from: LEACHY48 on May 05, 2021, 12:08:44 PM ---Tbh mate, its a case of: "could last 1 ball, could last 1 season" no one can tell you how viable a repair would be on a bat with this damage accurately. Id happily repair it for you, but id also maybe echo the sentiments of Hunts when they said its likely to go again. The join itself would be stronger than the wood it was binding together, but it would more than likely go in a different location near the crack.

--- End quote ---

Yeh i think Iím just gonna have to take the loss on this one. Suppose thereís no point spending money on it if itís likely to go again.

Thankfully havenít got a game this weekend so Iíve got time to sort another bat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version