Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Batting Master Class videos  (Read 14239 times)

rickjames

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)

DorsetDan

• County 1st XI
Re: Batting Master Class videos
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »

I realise this is an old thread but just wanted to say thanks for the posts. It has been really helpful to have a starting point and remind myself what I am aiming to do when getting back in to cricket. Probably the most helpful thing I've found is to periodically rewatch the videos (really like the Ramprakash, ABdV and Ponting videos) as there is always a little bad habit I've slipped back in to or small detail I didn't fully appreciate from a first watch. Ta!

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 10:19:34 PM »

When I had a lot of technical issues i saw a coach who gave me some well meaning advise, to bat in my stance with the bat between my legs rather than in 'normal position . I tried this a lot. It did not feel comfortable doing it.

So I watched ramprakash videos over and over again and just took one thing from it-balance.

So just tried to copy what I saw ramps doing and its def helped.original stance but just worked on balance at the crease-trying to stop the head going over to offside(right handed)

charliemott

• First XI Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 07:56:38 AM »

If anyone has the sky sports app, there was a video of Flintoff and Key doing a similar thing last night too...

dynamiccoins

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 10:06:08 AM »

If anyone has the sky sports app, there was a video of Flintoff and Key doing a similar thing last night too...

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/10953314/andrew-flintoff-and-rob-key-renew-battle-in-cricket-demo

Big Mac

• First XI Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »

adb club cricketer

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »

Sky sports did a video on ab de villiers called "white ball king". I think the skysports original link below is only accessible to UK viewers.
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/10210288/ab-de-villiers-masterclass-white-ball-king

Anyone has link to this video accessible to non UK viewers.

DorsetDan

• County 1st XI
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »

The Wasim Akram tip about the thumb is very interesting, might give it a go next time I'm in the nets.

I gave this a go tonight and when I got it right it made a heck of a difference. Also, I hadn't ever given the seam/ ball much thought but am a sucker for a bit of OCD and over complicating things so found that fondling the balls to get the grip just right also made a huge difference *

* Fattus alarm fattus alarm... or is it cactus now :)

rickjames

• International Captain

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2017, 07:51:28 PM »

Masterclass with KP http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/10966164/kevin-pietersen-masterclass

This is particularly good. Lots of focus on playing/watching the ball and moving your head to the ball to play your shots. Keep batting simple.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 09:38:34 PM »

Excellent stuff the KP video.head is so important most of us are not that good we can do without foot movement but balance and a still head is all I work on in winter practice

Love him or hate him he's a fantastic batsman

well past my peak

• First XI Captain
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2017, 11:36:48 PM »

Always loved the KP approach to batting, very disappointed his international career was shorten, anyone able to share link that can be watched down under?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Advertise on CBF