Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Glasses when playing..  (Read 891 times)

wcc

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Glasses when playing..
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »

Anyone recommend any decent sports style prescription glasses that arent going to break the bank? I do like oakleys etc but cant afford to buy those currently.

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
Re: Glasses when playing..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 11:01:34 PM »

Interested in this also. I wear contacts to bat in but find them not to be petfect

jd163

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 12:10:26 AM »

I use Oakley Crosslink which i got for 70 USD. Found this for you. Hope it works

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-oakley-unisex-eyewear?deal_option=391957fe-0d8e-11e7-933e-00259060b5da&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_DT_SEA_GGL_TIM_TTT_PADS_CBP_CHP_NBR_g*gg-oakley-unisex-eyewear_productpartitionid*114900239526_campaignid*228801421_adgroupid*19593388501_prodtarget*114900239526_productid*57085415_d*Goods-Product-Ads_mobile*true_keyword*_adtype*pla_merchantdid*10018412_c*80981113861_k*_m*_target*_adposition*1o1&mr:referralID=a0d32600-2add-11e7-bc34-00505694526f&gclid=Cj0KEQjwioHIBRCes6nP56Ti1IsBEiQAxxb5G4PsCGFVbGsBY3JlnuPWvLjG5u_W-sJjhYJiBkWSzYoaAjS48P8HAQ&fallback=true&bypass=true
Got wood!

Australian fast bowler

• First XI Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:26 AM »

dont know if you are fielding in them as well, i just bat in my glasses and then a standard pair of sunnies in the field.
Lose my depth perception in the field with my glasses and contacts so i go without
batting wise cant go without them

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:55:26 AM »

Not sure what you mean by 'not break the bank' but I recently got sick of my cricket/glasses situation . I bought 5 pairs . 2 x nike fleet ( one with clear lenses , one with transition lenses ) and 3 x adidas invoke ( one with transition lenses , one with clear lenses,  one with yellow lenses ) . I wear the two clear lense ones batting in sunny conditions  ( nikes in hotter weather due to venting in the top of the frames ) and the yellow lense ones batting in overcast conditions . When fielding i swap between any of the five , depending on overhead conditions,  my mood etc . Basically i have every base covered . These two frames are the best 'wayfarers' for cricket i have come across . They are both around the $350au mark for clear lenses /ultra thin etc , both around the $400au for yellow or transition lenses /very thin etc .
You'll find you need  'wayfarer' ( straight faced ) frames like these if you have a heavy prescription.  If you only have a light prescription you can look at wraparound frames too ( heavy prescriptions cant be made in wraparound frames because they can't make the lenses bend accordingly ).

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »

dont know if you are fielding in them as well, i just bat in my glasses and then a standard pair of sunnies in the field.
Lose my depth perception in the field with my glasses and contacts so i go without
batting wise cant go without them

lol... if I don't wear my glasses I wouldn't be able to see the people on the square... even if I was fielding silly mid off, let alone the ball.

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 07:21:38 AM »

Not sure what you mean by 'not break the bank' but I recently got sick of my cricket/glasses situation . I bought 5 pairs . 2 x nike fleet ( one with clear lenses , one with transition lenses ) and 3 x adidas invoke ( one with transition lenses , one with clear lenses,  one with yellow lenses ) . I wear the two clear lense ones batting in sunny conditions  ( nikes in hotter weather due to venting in the top of the frames ) and the yellow lense ones batting in overcast conditions . When fielding i swap between any of the five , depending on overhead conditions,  my mood etc . Basically i have every base covered . These two frames are the best 'wayfarers' for cricket i have come across . They are both around the $350au mark for clear lenses /ultra thin etc , both around the $400au for yellow or transition lenses /very thin etc .
You'll find you need  'wayfarer' ( straight faced ) frames like these if you have a heavy prescription.  If you only have a light prescription you can look at wraparound frames too ( heavy prescriptions cant be made in wraparound frames because they can't make the lenses bend accordingly ).

Interesting.. I might check some these out later today

northernboy1987

• International Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 07:26:21 AM »

I'm as blind as a bat, but I just wear my regular glasses and then some prescription sunnies if weather conditions require. Never really considered the idea of getting cricket specific ones, do people really see a huge benefit over just using your normal frames?
"The hallmark of a great captain is the ability to win the toss at the right time" - Richie Benaud

https://twitter.com/matteden87

Gurujames

• County 1st XI
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »

I can't do anything without my prescription glasses. A 1 stretchy band from Wilko's is great value for money and means I can still use my glasses. Not the most fashionable option, but certainly the most cost effective.

Simmy

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 08:04:19 AM »

i just wear my normal everyday glasses for batting in and keeping no issues.

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »

i just wear my normal everyday glasses for batting in and keeping no issues.

I found that with a helmet my normal glasses can steam up quite a lot... I have a few pairs and if needs must I always use the ones with nose pads as they tend to do it less but it still can be an issue.... for fielding its generally not an issue unless their is rain in the air.

Simmy

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 08:18:47 AM »

mine don't tend to steam up but i do get sweat dripping on them as my aytek lid has no band in it.

Big Mac

• First XI Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »

I wish I batted long enough to worry about my glasses fogging up...

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

Main benefits of my sports glasses are : they steam /fog up less ; they dont have potentially dangerous metal nose pads (or other parts/ that could break off / snap and stab my eye if they were impacted by a ball ; they vent well ; they are lighter weight ; they grip my ears and temples better ; they have wider peripheral vision (helps a lot when batting -you can keep your head a bit more side on and not be half looking through lenses and half not ) ; i can have different colour lenses to suit overhead conditions . Plus they are cool and they make you more memorable  ;).

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 10:15:15 AM »

I wish I batted long enough to worry about my glasses fogging up...

lol... given how unfit I am it only takes a single to cause the issue!
Pages: [1] 2

Advertise on CBF