General Cricket > New Zealand

New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Test series

(1/20) > >>

Aussie In England:
Test series began today NZ overwhelming favorites against a transitioning SL team.

1st Test at Dunedin, SL won the toss and selected to field.

Sri Lanka: 1 Dimuth Karunaratne, 2 Udara Jayasundera, 3 Kithuruwan Vithanage, 4 Dinesh Chandimal (wk), 5 Angelo Mathews (capt.), 6 Kusal Mendis, 7 Milinda Siriwardana, 8 Rangana Herath, 9 Dushmantha Chameera, 10 Suranga Lakmal, 11 Nuwan Pradeep

New Zealand: 1 Martin Guptill, 2 Tom Latham, 3 Kane Williamson, 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Brendon McCullum (capt.), 6 Mitchell Santner, 7 BJ Watling (wk), 8 Doug Bracewell, 9 Mark Craig/ Neil Wagner, 10 Tim Southee, 11 Trent Boult

Guptill lucky to keep his place, Craig less lucky and axed for Wagner

jezza39:

--- Quote from: Aussie In England on December 09, 2015, 09:45:45 PM ---Guptill lucky to keep his place

--- End quote ---

Very lucky, and is cashing in!

smilley792:
Day of big runs!

400 plus put on.

Mcullum with a quick 78 at an army of 125
Williamson with a solid 88
And the extremely lucky guptil must have edged his way to that 156........

Stuey:
I love watching test matches from NZ, something appealing about watching test cricket played on smaller more picturesque cricket grounds after a diet of larger stadiums. 

jezza39:

--- Quote from: Stuey on December 10, 2015, 08:46:38 AM ---I love watching test matches from NZ, something appealing about watching test cricket played on smaller more picturesque cricket grounds after a diet of larger stadiums.

--- End quote ---

I agree, and same goes for watching tests in England. The grounds are small and always packed (whereas 40,000 people will make the MCG look empty), and are all individual, unlike the generic concrete stadiums in Australia. I was filthy the day they tore down the members stand to replace it with the ghastly stand that they have now. Would love to watch a match of test cricket in Queenstown or Dunedin one day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version