Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > Stretton Fox

Full re-launch in 2020, retail fully mouldable body armour, starts here on CBF

<< < (42/44) > >>

SurreySam:

--- Quote from: jp2408 on August 10, 2020, 12:54:22 PM ---Just in case anyone else is as skinny as me - I've now found a way to secure these tightly so they don't move!

One of the short straps around the waist, the long one double wrapping the bottom of the outer thigh pad!

--- End quote ---

Nice, might give that a try next time.

I've been strapping over the edges and fixing onto the skin side of the pad which has worked well too - Had about 70 mins batting time out in the middle yesterday and they didn't move or feel uncomfortable.

brokenbat:

--- Quote from: jp2408 on August 10, 2020, 12:54:22 PM ---Just in case anyone else is as skinny as me - I've now found a way to secure these tightly so they don't move!

One of the short straps around the waist, the long one double wrapping the bottom of the outer thigh pad!

--- End quote ---

I really envy you, if the SMALL strap goes around your waist !!

jp2408:

--- Quote from: brokenbat on August 10, 2020, 04:46:37 PM ---I really envy you, if the SMALL strap goes around your waist !!

--- End quote ---

Being a short (No Swearing Please) helps!!

I think it was why I was struggling in the first place - I wasn't stretching/generating enough tension in the straps wearing them in an orthodox fashion due to my size!

brokenbat:
I decided to go to the extreme and see what happens. Rolled the thigh guard up like a mat, and wrapped it up with all the straps I had. This is what it currently looks like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDuDYkfh67a/?igshid=82e4qdc3u6qa

brokenbat:

--- Quote from: brokenbat on August 10, 2020, 06:56:18 PM ---I decided to go to the extreme and see what happens. Rolled the thigh guard up like a mat, and wrapped it up with all the straps I had. This is what it currently looks like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDuDYkfh67a/?igshid=82e4qdc3u6qa

--- End quote ---

So this worked out nicely. Pads slowly opened up over two days - were still too tight but I fit them on my leg and since then they’ve kept their shape. They do tend to (very slowly) Widen out and so am wondering if they’ll need a re-bake every few months.. let’s see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version