Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bath based social cricket team // Fixtures wanted, flexible dates  (Read 1830 times)

frooper11

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bath based social cricket team // Fixtures wanted, flexible dates
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »

Who are the two sides @frooper11 ?

Sunday pub side, Cotham Porter Stores CC, playing from Long Asthon CC this year, last 3 years at Lodway CC. Play friendlies against "proper" league sides.

Midweek side are called Whicheloes CC, play friendlies and in a league of mainly work sides.

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »

Nice, didn't know Cotham Porter Stores had an affiliated side!

frooper11

• First XI Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »

Nice, didn't know Cotham Porter Stores had an affiliated side!
Yep! Been going for over 40 years, play some decent sides around Bristol and the surrounding area, also tour every year for a game against Tideford CC in Cornwall.

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »

are you guys looking for evening games or Sunday fixtures?

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 08:25:28 PM »

Sorry for the late replies

Cheers @frooper11 , I will bear than in mind. Would you guys potentially travel to Bath if we could host a game?

@velvetsky01 I didn't really have midweek games in mind to be honest but I think it could actually be nice and fit in pretty well.  Are you around the Bath area?

Ta!

frooper11

• First XI Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 07:02:41 AM »

Sorry for the late replies

Cheers @frooper11 , I will bear than in mind. Would you guys potentially travel to Bath if we could host a game?

@velvetsky01 I didn't really have midweek games in mind to be honest but I think it could actually be nice and fit in pretty well.  Are you around the Bath area?

Ta!

@DorsetDan , shouldn't be a problem travelling, most of our guys live on the outskirts of the city and enjoy an away trip. Think we've now only the one free date in June (11th) but could play a game later on in the season either 10th or 17th of September. Let me know.

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »

I play for Bradford On Avon
have you any dates free for a midweek game? I would need to pass these on to our fixture secretary and go from there

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »

I will have to see what dates might work and go from there. Thanks for all the replies!

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »

We are looking for a pre season friendly on Saturday 29th if anyone is available

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »

Hi all,

It has been a bit of a nightmare pulling this all together but we have had a good few nets and have a game scheduled for Sunday. Fingers crossed for good weather a good turnout!

We are due to play at Lansdown CC against a similar thrown together social team so the pitch and surroundings should be good, not to mention having the bar open!

I never realised how much had to be organised for a cricket match! Teas were covered with first priority, umpire and scorer dropped out so I've roped family in to help out but I think everything else is in place. My main worries are a) the game actually happening and b) everyone having a good time, especially since the majority are either first timers or haven't played for many years. Should be fun!

jamesisapayne

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Best bowling: 8-3-15-6 Best batting: 111
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »

Good luck mate, hope it goes well for you

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »

After a ton of rain all day, the clouds parted right before we were due to start and everyone had a great afternoon! Lansdown were great hosts and it was a great place to play.

The opposition was a mix of Lansdown CC young 'uns and older hands I think. We put out a mix of youngsters, one club player with myself, with mostly older guys looking to have a game of cricket for the first time in years. Two had never played a game before and we even had a couple of knee replacements in the field :)

We put on 143 in the 25 overs which in all honesty far exceeded our expectations! I think I had joint lowest score of 7 and everyone contributed really well despite minimal practice ahead of the game.

In the end we bowled them out for 97 which again far exceeded our expectations. Everyone had at least two overs and was surprisingly tight with the bowling. I can't see it ever happening again as the nets were about 50% success rate getting it down to the batman! :)

There was great team spirit and above all there was smiles all around!

Being a bit unsure if it would all come together, we haven't organised any other fixtures but I'll be in touch with @frooper11 and @snafu to see if we can get another couple of games organised. If anyone else has a Sat or Sun free around the Bath area please just let me know.

Ta!

velvetsky01

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 08:40:11 AM »

It's a lovely place to play Dan my club Bradford on Avon used to play there every year in Landsdown cricket festival which they hold  for a week. Wonderful pitch and cracking teas!

We might be able to have a fixture if you are able to  play a midweek friendly

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »

Yes it was a great place to play. A good pitch and a cracking clubhouse make a heck of a difference.

Mid week is tough as a lot of people including myself work away a fair bit. I'll float the idea and see how it goes

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »

We are looking to play at Broughton Gifford, by Melksham this Sunday but could use one or two more if anyone was free and keen?

Sounds like a quintessential English village setting with teas in the pub across the road and even a duck pond interrupting the boundary at one section. Could make for an interesting afternoon by the sound of it :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Advertise on CBF