Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shark Softs Difference  (Read 4500 times)

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Shark Softs Difference
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

Hi all,

I'm looking at the Shark softs & trying to decide which ones to buy ( I have two of their Great White Bats). I only play 2XI cricket but occasionally find myself chucked in the 1XI so need decent protection. I can't work out the difference (Apart from price) between any of the Shark softs all say international standard... Does anybody have any that can recommend/shed any light on the difference?

Cheers,

Turn Of Pace

• First XI Captain
Re: Shark Softs Difference
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »

I use the Great White gloves myself, and i love them. I can honestly say that they are top quality and very hard to beat on price. That said, I know a lad that uses the Tigershark gloves and he says the same about those. You probably won't go wrong with either in fairness.
Everyone has got a plan until they get hit - Mike Tyson

smilley792

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Willoooowwwww
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »

I just bought some great white sharks.

In general impressed, good protection , good looks, Comfy feel. But!

On flexi them, it seems the plastic in the bottom two fingers is eventually gonna rip the leather!
The thumb protection doesn't quite line up with my thumb it actually seems around. The corner by about 15%. It doesn't effect bendy ness or comfort, but I do think? Will it still protect?

Also the Velcro tabs are a tad small, but them I like really long ones!
@chrisjones792
Fastest ton- 54balls

Twelfth Man

• International Captain
  • HS: 162* BF: 6/28
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:29 AM »

I'm not entirely sure on the Shark gear but I used to very interested in the gear a few years back. From what I understand, the higher level is Great White and Hammerhead is the lower end gear - as you could possibly tell from the price difference. It could depend on what kind of level your 2nd XI is but I'm sure that all of the equipment would serve its purpose and its just down to what you personally like in design etc. My personal preference was always the Great White range, even if it's a couple of more quid on top of the Tiger/Hammerhead - due to the design and simplicity.

plumb111

• First XI Captain
  • High Score 110* Bowling - 6/22
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »

I use the hammerhead, and had them for two seasons playing first eleven cricket.

Most definitely need a new pair now, however the quality and protection of the glove for the price really is excellent.

Havent used the others so cannot comment, but for their bottom of the range gloves they really are superb.
Why do we put ourselves through it ?

DACD 1987

• First XI Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »

A team mate uses the Great White gloves and he raves after them. Same comments as Turn of Pace.

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:30 PM »

Cheers guys.

I went with the Hammerhead, half the price of the Great White & from all accounts not a massive difference.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:19:40 PM by Calzehbhoy »

plumb111

• First XI Captain
  • High Score 110* Bowling - 6/22
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

I doubt youll be disappointed mate !!
Why do we put ourselves through it ?

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »

Must say I was really disappointed.

Both gloves and pads are really big (Too big for me anyway),bulky and particularly heavy.

Asked to send them back for a refund... Apparently there is a 15% restocking charge.... Certainly wont be ordering any more kit from them.

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »

15% restocking charge? That's a complete joke... Fair enough if they asked you to pay the return postage yourself but not losing 15% too

Bad move from Shark there I'd say

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »

Must say I was really disappointed.

Both gloves and pads are really big (Too big for me anyway),bulky and particularly heavy.

Asked to send them back for a refund... Apparently there is a 15% restocking charge.... Certainly wont be ordering any more kit from them.
If you are returning them within 7 days, you are within the distance selling regulations cooling off period and they cannot charge a restocking fee. If you are outside that period then it is fair game...

VYPERCRICKET

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »

Would have to agree there, that doesnt sound very helpful! I could also understand a return post fee but I think the 15% is a bit unfair. Did they say if they would be willing to forgo the 15% charge seeing as its just a size issue ? Surely this charge would just discourage you from wanting to order another set in a smaller size perhaps ?   :o

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 10:43:07 AM »

When did you receive the kit? Quote from Shark's website:

"10 Day Money Back Guarantee

Sometimes it may be difficult to purchase a product over the internet, especially when you can only see a picture and description of a product . To add that extra bit of comfort we offer a ten day money back guarantee. Its simple. If you don't like the goods we will arrange to collect and give a full 'no quibble' refund. The ten days start from the day the goods are received. The only stipulation is that we receive the request for a refund in writing preferably as an email, and that we receive the goods back in the condition they arrived with you, and that they are repacked into the box/packaging they arrived in. If returned goods are not repacked properly by the customer they may incur a 10% repacking/restocking charge. In general few returns are charged this, however if return goods are in such a condition that costs are incurred to recheck the product then the 10% may apply .We will pay all the carriage charges for the delivery and the return of the product to our store when collections are made from UK mainland ( England, Scotland, Wales ). Refunds will be credited back within 30 days of the cancellation. Please note our carriers only collect Monday to Friday.

Where the consumer has exercised the right to cancel, money will be returned within 30 days of cancellation.

If the goods ordered have been "customised" (for example team kit with team badges) or are special orders (for example goods that are made to order) then jssports reserves the right to charge you for recovery of the goods in the event of a cancellation. If the goods are faulty and are rejected within 7 working days from receipt of goods to rejection of goods, a full refund plus postage costs can be claimed.

Returning Items by Mail

1. Fill out the back of your Invoice as follows:
- state the item(s) that you are returning.
- to assist processing please state the reason for the return.
- indicate whether you would prefer a refund to the credit card originally used, a cheque, or an exchange*
- state the preferred delivery address for your exchange or cheque refund.
-if you are asking for a refund of the delivery expense please include a receipt for this cost.

*At present, we can only offer an exchange for the same product.

2. Package the return securely (in the original package if possible), and include the packing slip. Packages must be returned pre-paid, and for your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If you have requested for the delivery charge refunds can only be processed if the receipt for this cost is included.

3. Send the package to Returns Department.

If you have lost your packing note please contact us at CustomerCare@jssport.net"

They only mention a 10% fee so that's the most they can charge you, its in their own terms

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »

Just told it's standard as per their terms and conditions... They were delivered on the 6th, so I should have checked sizes earlier I guess. Not wanting to get into an argument with them I've listed them on EBay. However, thought it wise to share experience with others.

tim2000s

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • If I only could bat....
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »

They state a 10% repacking fee if the goods are not packed appropriately, but this only applies in their 10 day no hassle returns period. 10 days is in excess of the minimum seven that applies under distance selling regulations.

If they were delivered on the 6th and you have emailed to return them yesterday or today, then you are outside their 10 day guarantee policy and well outside DSR, so they can charge you a standard restocking fee if they want. This should be documented in their Ts and Cs though, and if it isn't, I'd challenge them on it, sending them a copy of the Ts and Cs they have on their website for returns.
Pages: [1] 2

Advertise on CBF