General Cricket > Cricket Administration

A new look at cricket teas

(1/6) > >>

uknsaunders:
Hi All,

I wanted to put a proposal together for cricket teas this season for my club. We have a "tea lady" for most of the games this year who can cook. Previous years we have all mucked in and taken it in turns to do tea, normally meaning loads of rubbish from Asda. The problem is the tea bill has raced to 50 and more a game and a fair chunk get's binned.

What I wanted to do was to look at reducing the bill back to 40 a game but focussing on healthy food. I'm thinking pasta salads, rice salad, fruit - more in tune with food for playing sport than chocolate cake. I'm hoping by using cheap ingredients (pasta/rice for example), it can also provide a reasonable volume of food for 22-24 people.

Has anybody else look at this?

Woodyspin:
My captain abd our opening bowler are pretty much health freaks amd so this any way as they don't want us to fill up on crap and not be able to sprint around the field. It tends to be whole wheat pasta as well because it fills you up more (so needing less, costing less). Although we buy cakes for the other team just to slow them down! Its all tactical to be honest

FattusCattus:
Healthy foods at tea?

You are dead to me.

ppccopener:
no answer to this, at least we hav'nt found one, in 2015 we subbed out teas to the tune of 80 quid a game-yes you heard that correct.

What I do know is if you have a tea lady who enjoys doing it, lavish that woman like your own mother, always remember her birthday and if she's a bit frisky send one of the young handsome lads to take one for the team.

Really...it's the only way.

:)

Woodyspin:

--- Quote from: ppccopener on March 08, 2016, 12:46:42 PM --- if she's a bit frisky send one of the young handsome lads to take one for the team.

--- End quote ---

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

--- Quote from: ppccopener on March 08, 2016, 12:46:42 PM ---we subbed out teas to the tune of 80 quid a game-yes you heard that correct.

--- End quote ---

We had to pay 60 once for tease that could have fed 2 people and were stale!

Safe to say this year when we play them we will show them what teas really are!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version