General Cricket > World Cricket

BCCI fires Sanjay Manjrekar from commentary

<< < (3/3)

potzy248:

--- Quote from: Jeff Navarro on August 02, 2020, 10:10:22 AM ---I’m not sure Jadeja is a ‘crybaby’, Manjrekar’s treatment towards him is borderline bullying. In fact he’s previously ridiculed Jadeja for his lack of English as well.

In fact manjrekar has frequently targeted Pant as well.

Manjrekar is just unprofessional and doesn’t deserve to be involved in the game.

--- End quote ---

Borderline bullying for calling him a "bits and pieces" player? Losing your job for that?

Here's an idea. When someone calls you something, ignore it like an adult and professional sportsman instead of tweeting about it and then saluting him during an international match. He acted like a petulant child and shown his millions of fans that when you are offended by something just sulk and complain about it until that person is punished.

Like I said. I don't agree that Jadeja is a bits and pieces player. I think he's an awesome player, just a bit sulky in this instance.

Jeff Navarro:

--- Quote from: potzy248 on August 02, 2020, 07:17:23 PM ---Borderline bullying for calling him a "bits and pieces" player? Losing your job for that?

Here's an idea. When someone calls you something, ignore it like an adult and professional sportsman instead of tweeting about it and then saluting him during an international match. He acted like a petulant child and shown his millions of fans that when you are offended by something just sulk and complain about it until that person is punished.

Like I said. I don't agree that Jadeja is a bits and pieces player. I think he's an awesome player, just a bit sulky in this instance.

--- End quote ---
I don’t think Manjrekar was sacked over the ‘bits and pieces’ comments tbh. It’s more the taunting over Jadeja being uneducated and the barbs regarding his non English.

But either way why would an employee of the BCCI continually attack one of their premier players? Manjrekar just a narrow minded idiot imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version