Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > blankbats.co.uk

Opinions please Fellas!

(1/5) > >>

NT50:
Hello all!

As you may have seen in another thread, my BB has gone at the toe.

I bought it in 2019, oiled & knocked in. Used it in 2 nets that season but used a different match for 2019/2020.

I decided it was going to be my match bat this season, but after 6 games itís completely gone in two places.

Took it into Hunts County for a repair, he was very honest with me and said thereís no point spending £35 for a repair as itíll only go again soon after.

He recommended sending it back if itís only been used a handful of times.

My question is; is it realistic to send it back or am I just going to have to take this one on the chin?

Thanks fellas!

Jimbo:
If it was bought two years ago and appears to have had some of the stickers removed, I would maybe be a bit dubious about whether any retailer would take it back?

Chad:
Tbh, that looks like some really bad yorker damage - did you try to smash one and end up toeing it? You're only covered for a year by warranty, and many companies don't cover yorker damage IIRC, so you'd be lucky to get anything back.

Just drop them a message and see what they say, maybe they'll sort you out with a new one at a discounted rate or something. Probably a bit ambitious seeing as it was purchased in 2019 though!

NT50:

--- Quote from: Chad on May 05, 2021, 11:01:21 AM ---Tbh, that looks like some really bad yorker damage - did you try to smash one and end up toeing it? You're only covered for a year by warranty, and many companies don't cover yorker damage IIRC, so you'd be lucky to get anything back.

Just drop them a message and see what they say, maybe they'll sort you out with a new one at a discounted rate or something. Probably a bit ambitious seeing as it was purchased in 2019 though!

--- End quote ---

Strange thing is I donít remember any Yorkers in the 4/5 overs before I noticed it had gone!

Yeh did think it may be ambitious, just gutted that a £200 bat has only lasted a handful of games

LockieEP:
Discount on replacement purchase is probably the best you're going to get

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version