Cricket Manufacturers / Brands > Kippax Cricket

Kipax grading system

(1/1)

Sloggerz:
Can anyone explain why kipax does not have a standard grading system for their bats? I think its odd that on their youtube video the chap explains about different grades but when i went down to the factory the younger chap mentioned all bats are the same grade of wood.

Andythomo21:

--- Quote from: Sloggerz on December 24, 2019, 11:53:03 AM ---Can anyone explain why kipax does not have a standard grading system for their bats? I think its odd that on their youtube video the chap explains about different grades but when i went down to the factory the younger chap mentioned all bats are the same grade of wood.

--- End quote ---

They Grade their willow as the main line of business for them is as a willow supplier for other companies/brands.

But as you say, their own bats are all one grade. For specific details on this youíll probably require an answer from @Kippax

If you can, youíre probably best off going down and picking one. Iíve had a fair few and theyíve all performed well. Iíve normally picked bats that looked pretty good on the eye although did pick and use a Colossus that had a butterfly stain on the back but went like a rocket.

Sloggerz:
They all seemed bottom heavy? What do they pick up like?

JB:
Bought a b3 that had a slight butterfly on the back on the recommendation of @procricket which was destined for TKC before he changed shape which was one of the beast performing bats Iíd ever picked up. Was graded as a 3 stripe and I would never have questioned it. Was superb, sold it to my captain at the time who had a plank kook cos I liked him and it was a bit light for me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version