Forum News and Suggestions > Custom Bats Blog

First-Class Farce

(1/4) > >>

The 22nd Yard:
Again apologies for the lack of posts, my parents decided to book a holiday during the cricket season. They now understand this is an unforgivable thing to do...

A look at the disappointing Ashes warm-up games, everyone loves a bit of a rant.

http://wp.me/p380Xy-ag

golden duck:
Would the match not have been more of a farce (in terms of Englands preperation) if Essex had been forced to use two batters to bowl dollies to Eng as opposed to bringing in two actual bowlers who could make England work a little bit more?

joeylough:
Nice little rant, I don't see how releasing the players to play T20 would me much good for a test. But obviously games that get overpowered by one team don't help either.

The 22nd Yard:

--- Quote from: golden duck on July 03, 2013, 03:05:05 PM ---Would the match not have been more of a farce (in terms of Englands preperation) if Essex had been forced to use two batters to bowl dollies to Eng as opposed to bringing in two actual bowlers who could make England work a little bit more?

--- End quote ---

May as well stick them against a select XI that could challenge them then. Technically only a select few county bowlers should be able to trouble the English batsmen, Saj Mahmood certainly isn't one of them but Mills is a Topley has the potential too.

fros23:
This whole match was setup for England's benefit and was a farce from the start.  Bopara won the toss, said how great the wicket was to bat on but still decided to have a bowl.  Now I know people give Ravi plenty of stick but even he isn't stupid enough to bowl first on a belter.  #boparaisgreat

In an ideal world there would of been a round of championship matches instead so that the england guys could have played in those.

I am also concerned about the lack of cricket that Bairstow is playing.  He has hardly had a hit since the end of the 2nd test against the Kiwi's and he must be begging for a chance to play.  Would it do him more harm than good to play in the roses T20 on Friday?  He seems to be having the same problem Anderson did a few years ago where he seems to be a permanent 12th man and seems to watch more cricket than he plays which can't be a good thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version