General Cricket > Cricket Training, Fitness and Injuries

Batting Master Class videos

<< < (12/13) > >>

ppccopener:

--- Quote from: SouthpawMark on May 21, 2021, 12:49:58 PM ---Really good video. Poor old Sam Robson must wonder what heís done to those three to have his technique ripped to shreds on national telly, but itís a great discussion on a really questionable technique.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree, if there are so many batsmen using this technique(there clearly are) then use 4 or 5 different ones not just Robson.
I'm firmly against following the MCC rule out as a Bible, but there are some basics you must do if your going to score runs, how you stand,backlift,head position all key.

If your standing on off as a right hander I can't see how you can hit straight without your bat coming from gully across the ball....clearly the players using this can do, it just seems flawed.

I thought Butch was blowing a gasket at one point  :)

LEACHY48:
Buzz already knows my thoughts on this video.

But batting on off stump is not in itself a questionable technique.

Robsons problem is that his head falls over and so he misses straight balls.

Shane Watson did this and batted on leg stump but was out LBW More than any other dismissal.

Your guard is categorically not the reason you are getting LBW, your head almost definitely is. Your guard also doesnít change your head alignment in relation to your body.

Batting on off stump doesnít change your head, and neither does batting on leg stump.

As for Butcher saying that this technique ďis just wrongĒ I wonder if he is aware that the only 2 players to average over 60 in test cricket in the last decade currently adopt this approach.

Kane Williamson - who most regard as the most technically adept player on the circuit, bats outside off stump!

If your fundamentals arenít in check, you will get out wherever you bat. All that video shows is that more county batsman nowadays donít play straight because they fall over, and donít have their fundamentals in check.

LEACHY48:

--- Quote from: ppccopener on May 21, 2021, 01:07:51 PM ---Totally agree, if there are so many batsmen using this technique(there clearly are) then use 4 or 5 different ones not just Robson.
I'm firmly against following the MCC rule out as a Bible, but there are some basics you must do if your going to score runs, how you stand,backlift,head position all key.

If your standing on off as a right hander I can't see how you can hit straight without your bat coming from gully across the ball....clearly the players using this can do, it just seems flawed.

I thought Butch was blowing a gasket at one point  :)

--- End quote ---

You hit straight the same way you would if your batting on leg? The shot doesnít change.

ppccopener:

--- Quote from: LEACHY48 on May 21, 2021, 01:11:15 PM ---You hit straight the same way you would if your batting on leg? The shot doesnít change.

--- End quote ---

Ok...whereís you head thou in the stance. If your on off isnít your head naturally going to be outside off stump?
Or have I missed something?

LEACHY48:

--- Quote from: ppccopener on May 21, 2021, 01:18:55 PM ---Ok...whereís you head thou in the stance. If your on off isnít your head naturally going to be outside off stump?
Or have I missed something?

--- End quote ---

No, I stand with my right eye over my back leg (right handed) so wherever my back leg goes, my right eye stays over my back leg.

If you stand on leg with your eyes over off youíre already losing the battle?

Itís nigh on impossible to pick your head back up after it starts to fall over, and if your head is outside the line of your body then youíre already in the mire!

So, if I stand on off, my right eye stays on off, and my left eye and foot are on middle/middle and off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version