General Cricket > Cricket Training, Fitness and Injuries

Opening the bat face too much

<< < (2/2)

Butterfingerz:

--- Quote from: Jimbo on April 06, 2021, 07:14:28 PM ---I'm sure this will have been asked but I can't get the search function to cooperate so apologies. Looking for CBF's collective wisdom on this.

First proper net back tonight and found I was inside edging the ball a lot and missed a few straight ones I thought I should middled.

I felt like I was opening the bat face too much and just wondering if moving my bottom hand slightly further round the handle makes sense as a remedy to this or if there are any other suggestions to improve it.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---

Hi Jimbo, Please send me a video of you batting. I'm sure I can help

LockieEP:

--- Quote from: King pair on April 06, 2021, 08:40:51 PM ---Sounds hasty to me mate, don’t make technically changes to something as natural as your grip based on a ‘blow the rust off’ net session

Give it a few more sessions to get some rhythm and timing and then make a decision

--- End quote ---

Agree with this....we can all be a bit keen at the first net sessions wanting to middle all the deliveries and thus go at the ball rather than playing it a little later like we do when have had some time at the crease. the suggestion on feed buddy sessions is a good one, my lads have ordered one and I intend to do some drills with it before any nets.

Jimbo:
Thanks all, will see if I can get some video to get an idea of what is going on.

I got myself one of those Aero batting nets last summer so I'll get that out later and practice deliberately playing a bit later.

Butterfingerz:

--- Quote from: LockieEP on April 07, 2021, 09:47:47 AM ---Agree with this....we can all be a bit keen at the first net sessions wanting to middle all the deliveries and thus go at the ball rather than playing it a little later like we do when have had some time at the crease. the suggestion on feed buddy sessions is a good one, my lads have ordered one and I intend to do some drills with it before any nets.

--- End quote ---

Totally disagree, if your unsure always seek advice. Last thing you want to do is carry on with something which may be a fundamental problem and can be addressed early

LockieEP:

--- Quote from: Butterfingerz on April 07, 2021, 10:04:34 AM ---Totally disagree, if your unsure always seek advice. Last thing you want to do is carry on with something which may be a fundamental problem and can be addressed early

--- End quote ---

I think the point we were making was not to beat yourself up after the very first net session of the season....of course if issues persist then take action

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version