Equipment > Helmets

New Helmets - Visibility

<< < (2/2)

Warneymonster:
ive struggled since my old masuri finally gave up a few years ago. the newer lids feel a lot heavier and i cant see the ball as well, the best i have been able to find was a shrey but im loathed to pay 200 for something i use twice a year.

its all Broadys fault for getting hit in the face

jonny77:
I was in a similar position to you a few years ago. Didn't used top wear helmets a lot as a kid, so wasn't a huge fan. Bought a Masuri with the fixed grill and felt the visibility wasn't great, so bought an older masuri and switched the grill from the new one onto the old one. It's been great, as really comfortable and slightly better visibility, without feeling there's a huge huge gap.

Obviously not up to regs and appreciate I'm rubbing a risk of a ball sneaking through, but i don't face express nowadays so I'm happy to compromise.

Neon Cricket:
Had the same issue when the regs changed - I've switched to using a titanium Masuri which is now this model after the name changes: https://shop.masuri.com/products/original-series-mk2-elite-titanium-cricket-helmet

Yes it's pricey, but visibility wise I've had no issues and its light enough that I don't notice it anymore. Speak to a forum retailer, sure either will sort you out.

jimmyca:
Thanks all for input, good to know i'm not the only one on this!

jimmyca:

--- Quote from: jonny77 on August 18, 2021, 09:29:06 AM ---I was in a similar position to you a few years ago. Didn't used top wear helmets a lot as a kid, so wasn't a huge fan. Bought a Masuri with the fixed grill and felt the visibility wasn't great, so bought an older masuri and switched the grill from the new one onto the old one. It's been great, as really comfortable and slightly better visibility, without feeling there's a huge huge gap.

Obviously not up to regs and appreciate I'm rubbing a risk of a ball sneaking through, but i don't face express nowadays so I'm happy to compromise.

--- End quote ---

The custom route is currently my preferred option I think, whilst there are decent bowlers we dont face any 80mph+ I would say and so as you say whilst there is a risk with the older setups it is probably a risk i'm also willing to compromise on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version