General Cricket > Cricket Training, Fitness and Injuries

Coaching younger players

<< < (7/8) > >>

Butterfingerz:

--- Quote from: SLA on June 28, 2021, 10:51:54 AM ---Mate, football is always on fta tv. There are like 3 games a day on at the moment. You can't escape from it.

--- End quote ---

This happens every 2 years!

Jimbo:

--- Quote from: Butterfingerz on June 28, 2021, 11:51:08 AM ---This happens every 2 years!

--- End quote ---

FA Cup, Europa League knockout, Champions League knockout all regularly available on FTA as well remember.

Butterfingerz:

--- Quote from: Jimbo on June 28, 2021, 12:02:46 PM ---FA Cup, Europa League knockout, Champions League knockout all regularly available on FTA as well remember.

--- End quote ---
FA Cup yes (shared with BT Sport) but European games all now on BT Sport. The reason that the FA cup is on it because of the list protected by the government...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofcom_Code_on_Sports_and_Other_Listed_and_Designated_Events

SOULMAN1012:

--- Quote from: AJ2014 on June 28, 2021, 09:11:03 AM ---Watching tele doesn't make a better cricketer.

--- End quote ---

Totally disagree with this statement. I spent ages in my teens watching cricket when it become big around 2005 and from watching the Bell cover drive, trott defence I would find myself shadow batting and just watching the slow motion replays and that really helped me become a much better player over the next few years.

SOULMAN1012:
So thanks for all the comments and thoughts arranged to take a small group of our more talanted younger players who play hard ball for 90mins this Friday and on last weekends strip we are going to train in the middle instead of the nets and see if I can put into practice some of the ideas and thoughts shared on here all around scoring options and positions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version