General Cricket > World Cricket

BCCI fires Sanjay Manjrekar from commentary

(1/3) > >>

brokenbat:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29575717/sanjay-manjrekar-awaits-bcci-decision-reinstatement-commentary-panel

"The speculation around Manjrekar being dropped from the roster was that it had been a result of his calling Ravindra Jadeja a "bits-and-pieces cricketer" during an interview with a news agency last year, and he refers to the incident in his letter to the BCCI while pointing out that it was neither made on air, nor over Twitter. Jadeja had reacted to this comment through a tweet directed at Manjrekar, saying he was "tired of your verbal diarrhoea" and also gesticulated at the commentary box when he made a fifty during last year's World Cup semi-final against New Zealand. Following that, and an aggressive backlash from fans, Manjrekar had acknowledged on the post-match broadcast that Jadeja had "ripped him apart on all fronts" and proved him wrong."

Zero tolerance for criticism I guess..

Jeff Navarro:
Literally the most delusional and biased commentator I’ve had the misfortune to listen to. He seems to think cricket revolves around Bombay. Anyone else is unworthy. Glad I won’t have to listen him or Shastri.

Buzz:
Jadaja is a quality performer. He would walk into most test and odi teams.
BCCI is what is it, I would expect nothing less from them.

Jimbo:
"Bits and pieces" is a strange description for a player who is a genuinely world class fielder, tidy spinner and very useful lower middle order bat with 3 first class triple tons.

KW9221:

--- Quote from: Jimbo on August 01, 2020, 07:21:36 PM ---"Bits and pieces" is a strange description for a player who is a genuinely world class fielder, tidy spinner and very useful lower middle order bat with 3 first class triple tons.

--- End quote ---
Honestly, if it was coming from ST I wouldn’t mind him saying it. But what has he accomplished himself that he is criticizing one of the best alrounders in the world today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version