Any Help?
Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Any Help?  (Read 1041 times)

123*

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Any Help?
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »

H guy's got a video of my not so good batting the other day, any chance you more talented cricketers could tell me how to improve?

LEACHY48

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+3)
Re: Any Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »

your hands seem to be going across your body and slicing the ball rather than though the ball, also your right leg and shoulder seem to 'pop' through indicating that your bottom hand is pushing through too much, also you seem to be falling over slightly i think this is because of your really low crouch to start with, stand up taller and slightly flatter footed and more relaxed and i think this will help.

Bruce

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:35:48 AM »

Loosen up the grip a bit.
 Even when defending the ball you are going hard at it.
You're only as good as your last knock....

GarrettJ

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »

It looks like ...

You arent holding the bat correctly and you are jabbing your hands at the ball .... probably becasue your top hand is to far round to the splice and your bottom hand looks like you are a lumberjack about to fell a tree rather than carressing the ball like its a beautiful young lady's breast .... go gentle on it man!

You are also rotating your hands/wrist when you take the bat back ... probably because of the grip

i think all your problems are to do with your grip, top hand a bit more round to the outside edge and hinge your bottom hand and have the V inline with the splice.

It looks like you are using an "O" grip rather than a "V" but that is something else.

The crouch is ok, it doesnt change your head position too mcuh and it is level.

As a result of the grip your are flicking everything to leg that could be on driven .... can you on drive, im thinking that oyu arent confident with that shot.

Lets see what the others think.

retired 2014

shazz

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »

What the above have left out is that regardless of bat pane and grip, your front foot always goes to the same spot on the pitch, instead of the line of the ball, therefore you need to go to the line of the ball with your head and your hands will probably correct.

roco

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+16)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »

I'm not as talented as others on here but the main problem seems to be your weight its all on back foot when driving so your head is coming up rather than going through the shot

This may be to do with trying to hit too hard but your weight should be forward not in the middle or back when driving
The first cricket box was used in 1874.  The first cricket helmet was introduced in 1974. So, it took 100 years for men to twig that their brains were also worth protecting.

GarrettJ

• International Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

What the above have left out is that regardless of bat pane and grip, your front foot always goes to the same spot on the pitch, instead of the line of the ball, therefore you need to go to the line of the ball with your head and your hands will probably correct.

excellent point this, move your head to the pitch of the ball and your foot will follow.

this is an excellent checklist for any batsman to copy ....

http://www.pitchvision.com/9-traits-of-world-class-batsmen-that-anyone-can-copy

retired 2014

compstallcc

• Colts
  • County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »

your 'walking' which i used to do its mostly mental but it could mean your unbalanced ,all i did was tell myself to stop doing it and it worked just try a few different stances aswell to see which one works the best
"To me, it doesn't matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win." - Ian Botham

i12breakfree

• International Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 02:17:28 AM »

Check out these cool coaching videos from the great Bob Woolmer

some basic stuff that should help

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 05:43:21 AM »

your hands seem to be going across your body and slicing the ball rather than though the ball, also your right leg and shoulder seem to 'pop' through indicating that your bottom hand is pushing through too much, also you seem to be falling over slightly i think this is because of your really low crouch to start with, stand up taller and slightly flatter footed and more relaxed and i think this will help.

I think this is a good analysis of what I think. I couldn't see your grip, but you should work on getting the bat to come through straight, perhaps with some top hand only shadow batting.

you also need to work on staying still through the shot and keeping side on, rather than walking through the shots. (also mentioned above)

standing taller and keeping your eyes level will help you feel like you have more time to play the shot too.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw

Advertise on CBF