Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: More Help - Video  (Read 1061 times)

123*

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
More Help - Video
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

Hi Guy's I have taken another video, tried to work on some of your suggestions, could you tell me if this is any better at all? Much appreciated!

procricket

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+32)
Re: More Help - Video
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »

Not seen your other stuff mate but one thing I have noticed you aware you stay very let side to the ball

You play away from your body

Some nice shots when you do get in line
"Doubt whoever but never doubt yourself"

Spanky

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »

I am no expert but from the couple of minutes I watched it appears you plant your front foot in the same position every ball even though the deliveries varied.

Also when leaving the ball you leave your off stump exposed.

Possibly reduced the bowling machine speed and concentrate on getting in correct positions.

toenails97

• International Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:10:16 AM »

I had the same problem so I bat on leg and have a trigger that takes me into middle where I know where my offstump is. Another thing mate is move your feet toward the ball like another member said you plant your front foot the same place.

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »

hi, lots of good things, you are still and have a simple technique.

my thoughts are, you appear to be too far outside leg with your stance. Your outside eye should be over the off stump, it is over middle/leg at the moment.
I suggest you move to a middle stump guard.
having done that you will find the position a bit odd so will need to work on your forward defense again. Try to hold your shape and not let your back foot come through.

I note that you were using a mixture of red and yellow balls,  they react differently when they bounce sometimes, so concentrate on one set with one colour at a time!

finally I agree you do seem to plant your front foot slightly, but i would concentrate on your position and defense first and as part of that work. through the front foot issue.

I would be interested to see what Garrattj thinks too, he usually has some good thoughts.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw

Red Ink Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Red Ink Cricket
    • Red Ink Cricket
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »

ive only watched the first few minutes but i have to agree with buzz. Foot definately plants. i didnt notice once that you placed your foot on our outside off stump line( even on your leaves). it tends to go straight down or just slightly towards off. id be looking at nipping a few back in at you from just outside off stump as you dont cover them. id also say play a little straighter. theres a drive you play just before you get castled and although its over quickly it looks like your trying to play a cover drive to a ball thats a little too straight so end up having to play slightly cross batted rather than a nice straight blade. also worth trying to punch rather than full blooded drive. bat pad together and foot to the pitch will do wonders mate. 

plenty of ability just a few tweaks
www.redinkcricket.co.uk
info@redinkcricket.co.uk
@red_inker

uknsaunders

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • Ashorne CC
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »

This might help a little:-

email and googletalk: uknsaunders@gmail.com
club website: www.ashornecc.co.uk

123*

• County 1st XI
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »

Hi guy's thanks a lot for all the help, one thing I have realised when watching these videos back is how far outside my leg stump I am, in my head I feel like I am very far across in my stance, so will have a look at changing this! Also secondly is how much shitter I look in these videos compared to how I feel in my head ha! Thanks for all the help!

sloggerroz

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

I have the same problem but try and remember that when driving the power comes from your right elbow pulling the bat through not your bottom hand. Also the first part of your body that should move towards the ball when playing forward is your head. All the basics are there though mate.

uknsaunders

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
    • Ashorne CC
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »

My take on things. Get yourself side on. Your open stance means your front foot has further to travel to get in position (with reference to off-stump balls). Take a middle guard and maybe as a trigger movement your backfoot going across slightly to middle/off to off stump. This ought to help to move yourself into line, along with a decent stride into the shot.

The other thing I noticed was your went forward to balls over the stumps when a backfoot forcing shot would've been more appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:05:54 PM by uknsaunders »
email and googletalk: uknsaunders@gmail.com
club website: www.ashornecc.co.uk

Joe

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »

You also seem to play very across the ball when playing forward defensive shots as is demonstrated in the youtube screenshots.

Advertise on CBF