Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bespoke Stretton Fox Thigh Pads Review  (Read 7019 times)

Calzehbhoy

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bespoke Stretton Fox Thigh Pads Review
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »

Cheers @Cover Drive , I'm looking at a bespoke pair of Stretton's with George at the moment but felt the size that was correct for me was a little too big. George has suggested taking a bit off the length of the pad template which I'm going to try but wanted to know the actualy user experience of a bespoke pair and how they fit compared to a more standard design.
@Blunham_CC / @Calzehbhoy
Top Score - 114*
Best Figures 8-43

Cover_Drive

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 05:52:45 AM »

Cheers @Cover Drive , I'm looking at a bespoke pair of Stretton's with George at the moment but felt the size that was correct for me was a little too big. George has suggested taking a bit off the length of the pad template which I'm going to try but wanted to know the actualy user experience of a bespoke pair and how they fit compared to a more standard design.

I felt that the actual ones are half an inch bigger than the template as I felt that templates covered the hardshell part and the borders were not factored in (I am talking about the overhang).

I prefer my thigh guard to be little smaller than it being bigger.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:56:59 AM by Cover_Drive »
Twitter: @_UzairM

brokenbat

• International Captain
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »

He generally does go a little larger initially. When I went through the process he gave the following (all valid) justifications: 1. you want that extra protection along the side of the knee, and also in between the flap of the pad and your lower thigh, 2. if you mold the pad it should fit fine, 3. his pads are thin enough to fit another the flap of your batting pad...

Like you, I was a little hesitant and asked for slightly smaller dimensions. Ended up being just fine, but don't think you can go wrong either way. Go with what you think feels right - he's a great guy to deal with and will work with you.

Davehugh

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »

Have you been given a price on the standard size? Ive just started coming up with ideas with George.

Calzehbhoy

• County 1st XI
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2017, 11:17:35 PM »

Yeah got mine delivered last week @Davehugh . If you ask George he'll let you know how much, for the quality of the product I must say it's a price well paid.
@Blunham_CC / @Calzehbhoy
Top Score - 114*
Best Figures 8-43
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Advertise on CBF