Technical Help - Video
Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Technical Help - Video  (Read 1189 times)

123*

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Technical Help - Video
« on: March 11, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

Hi guy's was wondering if the more coaching minded could have a look at my technique and see if there's anything that needs changing? Admittedly the 1st vid is half vollys but I haven't batted for a few month! Would appreciate your help massively!

Front Foot Batting

CLIP0004

CLIP0006

If anyone could help me embed them that would be ideal too!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:34:55 PM by 123* »

toenails97

• International Captain
Re: Technical Help - Video
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »

The only thin I would say mate that I noticed yesterday was when you were playing a front foot defence at the beginning of the first video just get your bat and pad together, other than that great technique mate!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:19:48 AM by toenails97 »

400notout

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »

At first look, I've only seen about 5 mins total.

You hit the ball well through the off side, but generally not so strong back straight and through mid on.
1. This could be down to your head falling over towards the offside. (Cook had a similar problem)
    It looks to move just before the release, round about the time where you have your backlift and your bat moves further up (backswing)
2. You get out of trouble with balls pitching straight because you have good hand eye co-ordination.
    Big LB candidate to quicker guys or if the the ball nips around/swings.
3. I think you could get your head more forward over the ball, you look a bit sat back on the drive.
   Take a quick side on video on the drive to confirm this. Also check how far forward your hands are on impact.

I will take another look later and let you know if there is anything else I can pick out.

RossViper

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • What noise does a cow make?
    • My Excel Blog!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »

Dont want to worry you, but you've got big problems here, I think its you top hand grip, but I cant be sure, you swing looks horrid. Your playing outside to in, which is a nightmare, you'll nic off all over the shop, and probably miss a lot of balls out side off stump

If I was you I would go and ask a few people to have a look at your grip and swing....

Don't want to be overly critical here, just think you should go a speak to someone who knows what there doing ASAP.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:33:24 PM by RossViper »
"I can bowl all the variations, none of them spin"
Me, at nets Thursday 12 June 2014

Nickauger

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »

Dont want to worry you, but you've got big problems here, I think its you top hand grip, but I cant be sure, you swing looks horrid. Your playing outside to in, which is a nightmare, you'll nic off all over the shop, and probably miss a lot of balls out side off stump

If I was you I would go and ask a few people to have a look at your grip and swing....

Don't want to be overly critical here, just think you should go a speak to someone who knows what there doing ASAP.

Good luck.

Errr no he hasn't lol, I don't personally think you're too far away from looking a very good player. He needs to get his head forward and his hands back, and thats it! Foot is planting, and your head is getting outside the line, which is why your playing driveable balls through the leg side. Start just by getting your weight leant forward at point of release. Take your hands back and drive through the ball, as hands at the moment are going out-in-out which is also not too great. Get your hands in a good position early and take them back before bringing them forward!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:44:21 PM by Nickauger »

The_Bird

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »

Eeekk. ^^^ (that's not an eeek to you nick the other post)

I used to fall over a fair bit, so I now try and take my bat back as straight as possible. This keeps my body upright and helps me play in the V.

You drive the ball superbly on the offside and if you watch those drives back you are perfectly still on impact, however the leg side shots you are still moving. Let the ball come to you and play it under you helmet, you head goes on the leg side shots.

Some people would kill to off drive like you mate. Just work on your head positioning for leg side shots.

Steveo1000

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »

Not to much to worry about. All I would say is that you need a trigger movement that allows you to react, so either a back and across with your back foot, or a slight forward press with your front foot. As has been said before you plant that front foot which means if it isn't exactly where you want it to be you end up playing around that front pad. Also means you will struggle if it is back of a length or does a bit off the pitch.
A smaller initial movement will leave you more balanced and able to adjust to length and line.

Bulldog Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+31)
    • Bulldog Cricket
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »

My only advise would be don't ask for advise on here and by that i don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone but you will get comments from opposite ends of the spectrum which has been proved above. I suggest getting your local club coach or senior players to come and have a net with you. You need to listen to one maybe two peoples opinions you respect and then your game will move forward.

19reading87

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

Didn't realise you was the feeder Tony... Where's your videos???
Highest score: 147*          Best bowling: 5-21

toenails97

• International Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »

Didn't realise you was the feeder Tony... Where's your videos???
My memory sticks knacked up mate so Ill have them on soon when I get another one mate
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:20:33 AM by toenails97 »

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Cricket Retailer & Coaching Centre in Peterborough
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »

I agree with bulldog. You need to take the advice of one experienced quality coach, rather than a mish mash of input. I get no end of players in for coaching who's school teachers say to do one thing, their club coach/senior players say do something else and their county/district coach has another view.

I echo the sentiment above about your out to in swing. You are sliding across the ball with your bat when driving. It seems to work for you but you are exposed quite badly on the back foot when playing close to your body. Your bat is nudging in the direction of midwicket, and you are missing/inside edging them when you should be punching them in the V.

How close are you to me mate? Happy to have you in for a session or two.

Kez

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:12 PM »

My only advise would be don't ask for advise on here and by that i don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone but you will get comments from opposite ends of the spectrum which has been proved above. I suggest getting your local club coach or senior players to come and have a net with you. You need to listen to one maybe two peoples opinions you respect and then your game will move forward.

Fully agree with Bulldog. Not saying anything said is wrong but think you should have one or two views that you respect and work well with to improve your game - as what works for you may not for someone else.
And as my favourite coach states "its not how, its how many"
kesoncricket.com

123*

• County 1st XI
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

Thanks for all the help! In regards to the people who said I slice across the ball, totally agree, its reduced a lot since last year but is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Vitas Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Cricket Retailer & Coaching Centre in Peterborough
    • Vitas Cricket
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »

Thanks for all the help! In regards to the people who said I slice across the ball, totally agree, its reduced a lot since last year but is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Straighter backlift can help, ie more towards the keeper than second slip. It could be your grip also though. Best to get someone to sort this with you in person.

alee

• First XI Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:05 AM »

when you play a shot the bottom hand should not grip the bat with all your four fingers and

thumb. That is why you are playing a straight ball with an angle towards the onside.

After playing a shot, your bottom ring finger and index finger plus the thumb should grip the bat.

This grip will make you play more with your top hand

just my two cents
Pages: [1] 2

Advertise on CBF