Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Week Two Video  (Read 5743 times)

Liam-SCCC

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
Re: Week Two Video
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »

It is for me
Top Score: 102*                
Best Bowling: 7/29

Simmy

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »

im all bottom hand :( what is this ping pong ball u speak of?

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »

looking good. It takes a huge amount of self control to bat defensively like that for a whole bowling machine session.
Nice work
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw

Liam-SCCC

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »

I find a session like that can be a great help. Just letting the ball hit your bat and getting a feel for the ball on the middle of the bat. Will normally spend the first 10 balls of a net doing that. Unless I get a juicy half volley!
Top Score: 102*                
Best Bowling: 7/29

Rew162

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

Great work, what an improvement in just a few weeks. Some great advice from the people here in helping but at the end of the day it is down to your hard work so it just goes to show what you can do with dedication and good advice.

Your back lift is so much more controlled and you are much more side on which is allowing you to play with a nice high front elbow.

Keep up the good work you have put in so far, looking forward to see the improved defence with some more attacking shots in the near future.

Nickauger

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »

Mate you're looking miles better.

123*

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »

Thanks a lot for all the help! Its much appreciated! Just can't wait for the season to start now! Hopefully crash some runs!

toenails97

• International Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »

Thanks a lot for all the help! Its much appreciated! Just can't wait for the season to start now! Hopefully crash some runs!

Definitely a few hundreds with that new Crown it sounded lovely mate!

GarrettJ

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »

123* ...........

thats some proper batting there. Bat like that for the forst 5 to 10 overs of your innings and accumulate the 1's and 2's and then you will be able to set oyurself for a big score;.

As always i like to find something people can improve on. I think you and toenails have been sharing notes on the wrist position when you pick up the bat.

What you are doing is rolling the wrist rather than cocking it. TO test if you put the palm of your hand and wrist flat on a table and lift your fingers up to the sky this is what you are doing. In fact you should be putting your hand and forearm on the table and moving your left thumb towards the right, this is cocking your wrist. If you clench your fist (especially little fingers) you will see your hand move towards the right. This is the correct position.

To do it with the bat try to keep the grip of your last two fingers and palm always tight on the bat and dont roll your wrist.

Im also cnovinced that the top hand isnt right but that might be this wrist rolling thing.
retired 2006
retired 2014
retired 2018

123*

• County 1st XI
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

Thanks for the comments guy's! And GarrettJ I understand what you mean, sorry I didn't see your comment otherwise I could have tried it today! I take it this is forcing my hands away from my body? Here's a video of today!

Nickauger

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »

Not going to comment on your pull shot, cos with this weather you'll never play that shot all season ;) One thing to say mate, and you can take this or leave it because you're getting a helluva lot of advice and I don't want to step on any-one's toes. You're stance looks much better, although perhaps still a little uncomfortable? The problem with opening your stance up is that you lose track of your off stump. Your hands need to be over off stump so that you know where your off stump is. Huge improvement from week 1, hope I haven't confused you with my advice.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:35:02 PM by Nickauger »

123*

• County 1st XI
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »

Not going to comment on your pull shot, cos with this weather you'll never play that shot all season ;) One thing to say mate, and you can take this or leave it because you're getting a helluva lot of advice and I don't want to step on any-one's toes. You're stance looks much better, although perhaps still a little uncomfortable? The problem with opening your stance up is that you lose track of your off stump. Your hands need to be over off stump so that you know where your off stump is. Huge improvement from week 1, hope I haven't confused you with my advice.

Haha I take it you don't want to dissect my pull shot as it isn't exactly brilliant! I appreciate your comments however I am unsure what you mean to opening up my stance? As it appears to me that my stance is very closed?

Cheers!

Nickauger

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

You start open and then close up which I think makes you look more uncomfortable

Edit: Actually you look like you're feet are open and you're top half is closed. I would go one or the other! Get those hips and shoulders in line!

GarrettJ

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:40 PM »

basically he means that your front foot is more to the legside than your backfoot when looking straight on but your top half hasnt moved. IT would mean that you are twisting your top half but that foot position isnt really an open stance just some weird variation.

If you are going to open it, point your back foot and front foot slightly forward of point.

It looks like ou have changed your grip on this video??? There isnt the rolling back of the wrist which is good.

One tip for the pull shot, try to turn your back foot up towards the bowler. The more the better but you wont have that much time if it is rapid pace. If you stance as suggested above you will already be on the way to this position. try to bring your hands from high to low to get over it.

You are hitting it with your arms fully stretched which is great.

if you were not a cricketer and i asked you to hit a ball over to your left chances are you would stand chest on and just hammer it like a baseball shot and it would be very easy to connect

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u02s6FNoyyA/Te5gz-IuopI/AAAAAAAAAic/Qzs5sRtieVQ/s1600/Katich%2Bpull%2Bshot.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/16/article-0-015366E10000044D-646_468x472.jpg

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/02/27/brad_haddin_gallery__276x400.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/First+Test+Australia+v+Pakistan+Day+3+WLLA1_awI__l.jpg

http://www.images99.com/i99/03/83444/83444.jpg

retired 2006
retired 2014
retired 2018

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »

we have had the conversation about the back foot before, the back foot swivels through the shot with your back thigh to give you power, hence your back foot goes across pointing to point first.
that is how golfers and baseball players get maximum power so there must be some sense to it.

even in an open stance I would encourage the back foot to start towards point.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Advertise on CBF