Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Harrow vs short handle....  (Read 22352 times)

Jimbo

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Harrow vs short handle....
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

Weight is a deciding factor which led me back to heavier SH bats. But I hold it low, at the level of the size-6 mark. With the right shape, it worked for me.

What's your ideal weight? Keely's G2-G3 pricing is reasonable and I am sure they can make you a shorter blade bat.

I've used between 2lb 7oz and 2lbs 10oz, wanting to try something on the lighter side so 2lbs 6/7oz is probably about right.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2020, 09:46:34 PM »

^ It should be do-able. A quick search led to some Harrow size bats for under GBP135/150, not sure about the weight but you can always call and check.

ME

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »

I am 5ft 4 inches; ran an experiment - bought an MSR SH 2lb 11oz, chopped off 1 inches from the bottom, cut off the knob from the handle leaving a few millimeter so that the binding does not get undone. The length came to 80.5 cm, weight came to 2lb 9oz - a size 6 with the width of a full bat. Played for a half a season, felt amazing as I still got the heavy punch. Driving was easier as it was not catching my wrist and I could grip the top at my waist height. I was pleased and did the same to my GM Neon - the middle came down to middle - even sweeter. I have played a few longer innings now with them and I am so glad that I took the plunge.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Advertise on CBF