Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: The Winter Bat Refurb Thread  (Read 29657 times)

ppccopener

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
Re: The Winter Bat Refurb Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2016, 05:33:30 PM »

Top job that refurb!

Alvaro

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #226 on: December 25, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »

I recommend @Red Ink Cricket for a refurb, always a high quality finish. Took a little weight out of this bat - love the performance but it was too bottom heavy. There was plenty of wood to work with... Feels like a wand now too, always did like a duckbill.

tom line

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

Finally got round to finishing off the refurb of my own match bat from last season, will be a net bat for this year as a kook bubble will be my main bat, and I also have a middling bat as well.
This was it before, after being used all season with no attention. It had a small few cracks as to be expected and just needed a general tidy up

This was it after, I've applied some stickers I got from Ryan and a new scuff sheet and grip. I really like the stickers cheers @Ryan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:21:09 PM by tom line »

wayward_hayward

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »

It's been a while but I can finally add something new

I picked up this SS bat off eBay in the hope that it was a fuller profile version. Looked like it had seen a fair bit of use and was in some need of some TLC and tape removal.

Bingo, full profile! Now expecting it weight the same as a small planet

2lb 8oz and a huge full profile, what a find! I managed to take off nearly another ounce in bat tape, it had 3 or 4 layers in some parts!

Starting tapping it up with ball and mallet, pings well but it's very dry. Cracks appear from my mallet bashing.

Previous damage that looks to have been fixed at some point, hence the several miles of tape used to protect it.

After some gluing, sanding and buffing, here is how it stands at the minute. I will stick a scuff sheet after a few more coats of oil. I suspect that this could fall under the pingy but cracky category.

Twitter @wayward_hayward

tom line

• County 1st XI
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2017, 09:43:36 PM »

Hope it's okay not to hijack your thread again Ryan,
I have finished a couple of refurbs for @petehosk the first of which is this lovely mmi3 that Benji looked rather dangerous with at the last southern net
Before- it had some surface cracking and a minor toe crack, the stickers also looked a bit dated and needed a freshen up

After- I managed to sort some new stickers for it which have finished the refurb off, and the purple colour is lovely with the chrome, I fixed the small cracks before giving it a full sand, polish and new stickers and scuff sheet. 

The second bat was a Gray Nicolls Carbo Powerbow from 2005? The bat for its age was in decent nick, and only had some small cracking to sort
Before-

After- Pete had kept some genuine gray nicolls stickers back from when they sold them to customers which he asked for me to put on this bat which helped finish the refurb off, I glued all the small cracks with wood glue, before sanding and polishing the whole bat and finishing the stickers

GeorgeB93

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

Picked this lovely puma up off ebay and gave it a quick clean up. Quick sand, oil and polish, thrown on some mjolnir stickers. Weighs around 2'8 and have already sold it to my old man who'd fallen in love with it the moment he picked it up. Love an ebay bargain!

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/GRB2493/library/

Couldn't get the photos to load, so have a look there instead!

WalkingWicket37

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+25)
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:39 PM »

Picked this lovely puma up off ebay and gave it a quick clean up. Quick sand, oil and polish, thrown on some mjolnir stickers. Weighs around 2'8 and have already sold it to my old man who'd fallen in love with it the moment he picked it up. Love an ebay bargain!

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/GRB2493/library/

Couldn't get the photos to load, so have a look there instead!

Here you go mate. For future reference you need to copy the individual IMG codes and put them in the body of your message here for pictures to show :)

GeorgeB93

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »

Here you go mate. For future reference you need to copy the individual IMG codes and put them in the body of your message here for pictures to show :)

cheers man! Appreciate it!

Gurujames

• County 1st XI
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »

Good work on the refurb, but can't help thinking you should have kept the original stickers, particularly as they were in such good condition.

wayward_hayward

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

Finally something to add to my own thread. This hulk of a bat is TK made for Dwanye Smith. Full convex profile and big booty to match. Previously had some major shoulder surgery so may not last long but its rather pingy.

Twitter @wayward_hayward

procricket

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+32)
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

looks a treat I think the work will last the lad I got it off played against England yesterday got Ben Stokes out.
"Doubt whoever but never doubt yourself"

SweetSpot

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »

Hi all,
I received a BAS Players bat (circa 2013/2014) from a mate with a very serious crack running from the back, over the shoulder and through the face as well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it.
Any help is much appreciated

Gurujames

• County 1st XI
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:53 AM »

It sounds totally poked. Stick some photos up.

SweetSpot

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »

Here it is, hopefully it works

picture hosting

tom line

• County 1st XI
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »

Needs a new handle, take the handle out, repair the split and then fit a new handle, you may want to either dowel, or bind or both for reinforcement to the repair
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Advertise on CBF