Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: CX bats  (Read 9700 times)

JK Lewis

Re: CX bats
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2018, 04:40:34 AM »

CX Are an extremely dodgy company STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!
I purchased three bats. As I was aware of their reputation I let them know I was a bat maker, had played semi professional cricket, and I wanted to guards left OFF! The first thing a dodgy company will do is put on a toe guard so it disguises a grain sheet. By asking for no to guard I knew that they couldn't trick me.

I opened my package to see three bats all with toe guards. The grains didn't match through the shoulders and I contacted CX Cricket Straight away.

I asked for grade one willow, all I got was a thin slice of grade one willow covering up Kashmir willow bats. What surprised me more when I caught the company out was his response.

He wasn't apologetic, rather he was proud of what he called "new technology".

I don't see how cheating people is new technology. I've been charged over $300 USD a bat for absolute rubbish. They don't offer refunds, and the bats are unuseable and unsellable. I see a lot of people have had the same experience as me. Absolutely shocking.

At no point did they tell me they were going to do this. They are buying the cheapest grade willow and shaving a thin layer of good willow onto the top.

It is awful when someone gets ripped off and obviously I feel for you. But if you knew their reputation was bad, why in the world would you invest $1000 with this company? There are so many other sources of good bats, this doesn't make sense to me. Sorry but, a fool and his money...

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »

I have been buying from AS factory for few years, pretty decent equipment for reasonable prices, they have a online store now
http://store.assports.com

All the bats had amazing balance.

I am telling you , AS Bats are an unsung hero.

These bats are WAY BETTER than any other Pak bat in my experience.

to @raviwest  - sorry to hear your story with CX.
I saw a few of these on Ebay with mind boggling grains and on lush willow - my immediate doubt was a thick sheet of English Willow glued on on top of Kashmir willow because the grains on the face and on the back didn't look the same in number and spacing.

You may not be inclined to it, but if you ever need a bat from Sialkot then AS Bat is your best bet. I know a couple of people in the factory who should take care of you if you ever to take this route. Let me know.

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »

Yorkershire

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »

I am telling you , AS Bats are an unsung hero.

These bats are WAY BETTER than any other Pak bat in my experience.

to @raviwest  - sorry to hear your story with CX.
I saw a few of these on Ebay with mind boggling grains and on lush willow - my immediate doubt was a thick sheet of English Willow glued on on top of Kashmir willow because the grains on the face and on the back didn't look the same in number and spacing.

You may not be inclined to it, but if you ever need a bat from Sialkot then AS Bat is your best bet. I know a couple of people in the factory who should take care of you if you ever to take this route. Let me know.

Yup AS and AM in my book.

I think Ihsan are the biggest disappointment, they should have been up their with CA by now.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2018, 02:53:25 AM »

^ Heard very good things about AM although don't see many of them.

Regarding Ihsan, I have used some incredible bats from them, light weight too. They are also making bigs bats in 2-11, 2-12 weight ranges.

Check out MIDs as well.

Neon Cricket

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »

Check out MIDs as well.

You're kidding right? Biggest group on con-men going. Heard so many stories of people sending money overseas and never hearing a drop from them again. Seriously avoid like the plague.

FattusCattus

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bend it like Fattus!!
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »

I had a couple of cracking AS bats a few years ago. Did I see someone put a link on here to their webstore or somewhere you can buy them direct?
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

KettonJake

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »

Hahahaha mids?! Wow.

ca_gold

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »

You're kidding right? Biggest group on con-men going. Heard so many stories of people sending money overseas and never hearing a drop from them again. Seriously avoid like the plague.

I've dealt with them for years directly, never any issues and quality bats on par with what CA offer. Has this happend to you?

Mfarank

• First XI Captain
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »

From my personal experience MIDs have some of the best batmakers in pakistan. They press their bats to perfection. Not too soft, not too hard. Just right. Ihsan is on the too hard side of the spectrum and CA are on the too soft side of the spectrum. MB bats tend to be on the heavier side. As a general rule of thumb its best to deal with pakistani companies face to face and avoid online or overseas transactions. Its not because theyr conmen, most batmakers are illiterate and wouldnt follow instructions or just dont understand. For eg. U ask them for a 2-8 bat and they send u a 2-12, 2-13 bat cause it says 2.8lb on the scale. Faced that with every pakistani brand

Ajdal

• First XI Captain
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »

Guys if any of you need good Pakistani bats at local prices let me know. Be Happy to handpick. Most CA, Ihsan, MB bats are 2.10-2.12 with 40 edges and 62-65 spine roughly. All CA bats have the same shape across ranges. CA locally are the highest rated and their quality control is the best of all Pakistani brands.

Ajdal

• First XI Captain
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2018, 01:02:27 PM »

From my personal experience MIDs have some of the best batmakers in pakistan. They press their bats to perfection. Not too soft, not too hard. Just right. Ihsan is on the too hard side of the spectrum and CA are on the too soft side of the spectrum. MB bats tend to be on the heavier side. As a general rule of thumb its best to deal with pakistani companies face to face and avoid online or overseas transactions. Its not because theyr conmen, most batmakers are illiterate and wouldnt follow instructions or just dont understand. For eg. U ask them for a 2-8 bat and they send u a 2-12, 2-13 bat cause it says 2.8lb on the scale. Faced that with every pakistani brand

CA isnt too soft pressed. They are pressed pretty well in my opinion.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »

We had 3 or 4 pass thru our club and they were sought after by others. We source bats from the owners thru intermediaries. Never had issues.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »

Hahahaha mids?! Wow.

We have a lot of high quality bats in our club. MIDs were some of the best bats. Period. Expensive as well.

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 02:19:35 PM »

From my personal experience MIDs have some of the best batmakers in pakistan. They press their bats to perfection.

This was my impression as well. They take their time to get the bat right.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Advertise on CBF