Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone tried Nutty Buddy box before?  (Read 1079 times)

sachin200

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Has anyone tried Nutty Buddy box before?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 01:58:22 AM »

impressive bit of kit, only problem is it comes in various sizes

You are correct! I ordered their newest model called Nutty Buddy flex, medium size since I am a 5'9'' and 145 lb guy. It was too small for me and I had to return it for a replacement. I should get the replaced cup after Christmas. I will review it once I have it. One thing was clear for me that the sizes run smaller than what they have specified for sizes.
You know that you are getting old when your own team has players half of your age!

sachin200

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

I have been using this and it has been an amazing piece of kit! It feels different in the beginning for sure but isn't that true for all the boxes? I didn't find it being hindering while running once you get used to it.
Here are a few things I would like to mention here -
1. Order one (or two) sizes bigger size than their recommended sizes
2. It needs a different kind of jock strap (one with no pocket) so do get it with the box
3. Wear it the correct way. One can also wear it upside down but it becomes very uncomfortable soon and provides no protection that way
4. I like to wear it under my compression shorts (the box touches my skin) and you can wear it above or below the compression as you wish.
You know that you are getting old when your own team has players half of your age!

InternalTraining

• International Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »

4. I like to wear it under my compression shorts (the box touches my skin) and you can wear it above or below the compression as you wish.

Maybe that's why it is not getting in your way when running. How was it when you tried it without a compression short or using the jock-strap provided with the product?

sachin200

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »

Maybe that's why it is not getting in your way when running. How was it when you tried it without a compression short or using the jock-strap provided with the product?

I have never tried it without the jock strap or the compression short. So the box is always tucked under two layers which don't allow it to move. The box has breathing holes and the special jock strap that came with it and my compression short both are made of moisture wicking material so sweating isn't an issue.

InternalTraining

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »

I have never tried it without the jock strap or the compression short. So the box is always tucked under two layers which don't allow it to move. The box has breathing holes and the special jock strap that came with it and my compression short both are made of moisture wicking material so sweating isn't an issue.

I am not concerned about sweating...my question was how was the product with the "original" jock-strap only. I read the reviews and the only criticism was the movement of the box when running which dissuaded from buying it. I assumed, for cricket, this product does not work if used solely with the original jock-strap. Compression shorts are very tight and will keep a losey box in place but not everyone likes to wear compression shorts.

Churchy1989

• County 1st XI
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »

I got hit on Monday in the ####'s, it hurt!

First thing i thought was why is nut buddy so expensive.
2017 HS - 138* / 2016 HS - 125* / 2016 BF - 5/4
http://bit.ly/2dtw7Vg
A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman.
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF